Wednesday, April 22, 2009

martha, martha, martha

Isn't this clock adorable?!! Martha has directions here to make it- it looks easy enough. (I saw this clock first at One Pretty Thing- a blog that finds projects all across the Internet and shares the links)

In most ways my style is very different from Martha Stewart. But she (and her editors) come up with really great ideas. Creative genius. I have enjoyed the Living magazine that has been coming in the mail to take the place of the no longer published Mary Engelbreit magazine (moment of silence....)

Here is a page from the latest MS Living- that green paint job with the blue speckles- wow- gorgeous. My kitchen cupboards would look cute with that paint technique.


Anybody else get this magazine? Do you use her ideas?

5 comments:

Paige said...

Love the clock! So cute!

christina said...

i love the Living magazine. I buy a copy every time I go back to Guam. I haven't really tried her decorating ideas since I am renting, but I have tried her recipes.

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

I too, had a moment of silence for Mary Engelbreit's magazine. (hysterical sobbing) Why...oh why did you go away?!

I love all the Engelbreit books. One that would be perfect for your artsy, musical house is "My Symphony." I love it!

thedomesticfringe said...

Her projects intimidate me. They always appear so complicated.

-FringeGirl

Sarah said...

I just started getting the magazine--a free subscription!!! So excited....I especially love her "Good Things" section. Such good ideas. :-)