Thursday, April 23, 2009

groupings

My good friend from college, Wendy, put these framed papers up in her dining area. Don't they look great? I love the paper she used- gorgeous color and pattern. I think she did a wonderful job with the layout. Perfectly casually grouped. Good job, Wendy!



OK, here is an idea to use if you want to put up a group of paintings, art, or pictures. Trace around the frames onto paper (I used paper bags) and cut out the shape. Hang up on the wall with masking tape. Then you can look, stand back, move things around.


Otherwise you will have to have a friend hold things up for you to try and get the idea. (That's Jessie at her house...the paper bags helped a lot, although the paintings are in a different room now- but look good there as well :)

Here is a photo from the Martha Stewart site (more martha...) - you can see the directions here for putting fabric onto canvas.

Here is my one attempt at putting fabric onto a canvas. I just wrapped the fabric around the canvas and pounded in tacks to fasten the fabric to the back.

9 comments:

Kate said...

Love the framed papers. I had done this in our bedroom before we repainted. I like the look and it's an inexpensive way to decorate.

skB said...

I love the idea of grouping things!! And I am really hoping to do a grouping of fabrics for baby's room:)

Momma Rae and the Deputy said...

ive had a buncha paper that ive been wanting to put up in one of the kids roooms...! i love your ideas!! i kinda was hoping for a way without buying a dozen frames... even though i know i could thrift it all......

Kimm at Reinvented said...

great tip! I love the graphic look and pattern of fabric and paper as wall decor.

So blessed! said...

Thanks for all the great tips. Love the grouping. I have done the fabric on canvis before. I will have to blog about that one day.
Jessie's room is adorable.
Love the clock too.

Stephanie said...

I love this idea! I have been looking for a large piece of artwork or whatever, just something large to go above our t.v. and this would work great for not a lot of money! Thanks!!!

Paige said...

Thanks for the tip of using the brown paper bags to group!

Love the idea to wrap canvas in fabric.

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

OH. The fabric on canvas- lovely. I think I pay use that in my bedroom if you don't care that I steal your idea.

Heather K said...

Sara, I love your arrangment and the colors! The painting you have in this grouping (covered by your slave girl) is along the lines of what I hope to get from you when I finally decide WHICH invaluable names of the Lord to choose! Love the plates..all of it. Great job!