Tuesday, April 7, 2009

easy eggs!

So fun- so easy! Just give your kids coffee filters, markers and a spray bottle. They color the filter and spray- the colors bleed all over and look pretty (use washable markers if you want to be able to wipe up the floor :)

Leave to dry for a day and then cut into an egg shape.

Can I tell you how happy I am to have my chalkboard wall?? I feel like a real teacher again. And has anyone else noticed that there is a cross in the middle of the word, Easter? Good reminder.


These colors remind me of coffee with cream, sugar, and whip cream. Or maybe white and dark chocolate :)

7 comments:

bec4 said...

I did this with my prescool class today, except we put them behind a ut out of a cross for a stained cglass window. I must say, I could make oodles of these--it is fun to see the ink bleed together!

Paige said...

Love the easter eggs! They look great on the chalkboard wall.

Toni said...

what a great craft we have aton of these filters from our coffe pot thenew one uses a different type, so I am on the look out for ways to use them up this is perfect:-)

Thanks so much:-)

Anonymous said...

Had a blast making these with the kids afterschool. We took it a step further and have put three of the finished filters together, secured the center point with wire (twist ties) floofed the filters to look like a tie dye peony flower! We will be putting the flowers all over the place for spring color in the house. Thanks for the great and easy idea! By the way, L-O-V-E your colors and designs.

Jill said...

Oh I LOVE the eggs...we are going to try this...they look so "watercolor"- one of my favorites! :)

Keri said...

Love the Easter egg idea - that is right up Caleb's alley!

Meme said...

Thanks for the creative idea! We will be working on this Friday!