Tuesday, March 17, 2009

wise words

Here is a quote from Dave's Dad:

A Parent’s Greatest Legacy -- The most important thing you can do for your children is to help them know God and to teach them how to know God. There is nothing that is even a close “second” to this important job. You can give them the best clothes, education, car, or the best “whatever,” but if you fail to help them know God, you have eternally failed your children. Please help your children to give some serious time to Bible reading and prayer and make sure they are attending a Bible-teaching church each week.

Lately I have really been thinking about this subject and how incredibly blessed I am to have 3 children. How blessed that we have the opportunity to sit down everyday with God's word and read it together! Where else do we want their wisdom to come from? God's Word is so important. I hope you have time this weekend to spend with your children- helping them to understand what they are reading- taking time to discuss issues with them. It means so much to your kids when you are there for them and want to talk.


10 comments:

Meme said...

So glad I found your blog. Love your artwork, and your commentary as well. My New Year's goal this year was to be devoted to prayer. I can't describe what a difference it makes in my own life and those of my family. Preach it, sister!

gailsgarden said...

Great words from Dave's dad. No wonder you have such a wonderful husband! Love you all! Oh, and I love the pics of the little hands! What a sweetie! (an unbiased opinion from her gramma about her only granddaughter!)

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

I always feel so behind on your blog- I need to read it EVERY day:) You are so creative in the ways you keep your youngest busy during school and in how you tie snacks in with school (Scrabble). I need to take notes from you!

Keeling said...

Love your blog! I left you an award on mine :)

Pop Pop & Granna said...

I love the new painting -- the bottom one's my favorite.

So blessed! said...

Love those!

Lisa said...

I totally agree with those wise words. What a privilege and responsibility we have to teach God's Word to our children every day.

michelle allen said...

Your work is so bright and uplifting. It's nice when the artist matches their work. Your kindness and cheerfulness come through in your blog :)

I've been convicted lately of my slackings as a parent. Not being in God's word with my kids. Reading this post was just more confirmation that God is trying to tell me something!

Sarah said...

Did you make those prints for Jana or Tana? I love them....what a precious memory of him.

I am reading a book called "Everyday Talk" about using every opportunity to talk about our God. It is very convicting, and makes me realize how little I really am teaching my kids about my faith. :-(

Sarah said...

I really like the appreciate what you have paintings. Lovely and a wise message to remember.