Wednesday, March 18, 2009

who needs wallpaper when you have paper napkins on hand?!?!?!

When you come in our side door- which is where most everyone comes in- this is what you see. The pantry. Except sometimes the doors will be open, and this is disastrous. The pantry is where we keep food, art supplies, shoes, paper, school supplies, sport equipment, etc, etc. It was drab and messy and chaotic.

We had some leftover patterned contact paper that I slapped up there and then I found it- the paper polka-dot napkins! Yes. Very fun. A little tape and that was all it took to make me happy and not embarrassed when the pantry doors are open.
Napkins and contact paper both from Target. The box on the floor needs a little polka dot makeover doesn't it?!?

Alright, now it is not that I didn't like all of the advice that you gave me about the back splash. It is just that it was a fun little experiment to tape up the napkins and cover with contact paper. I will never ever buy real wallpaper again! The good thing is:

*it took 15 minutes to do
*it cost all of $3.00
*it is very easy to remove

I think at some point the rest of that wall will get painted green.



Dave's comment was that at this point I may as well just use packing tape on the wall too :)

So what do you think? Would you tape paper napkins to your wall??!?

21 comments:

So blessed! said...

Hmmmm. not sure!

I did find the neatest art idea for paper napkins in the magazine clothpaperscissors (have you heard of it?) so cool.

gailsgarden said...

Well...no, but it's your house! :) I know that Dave is afraid of squelching any creativity. Right?!

Jes said...

Would I tape paper napkins to my wall??
No.
But I'd let YOU tape paper napkins to my wall!!!!:):):)
Looks GREAT. And love that you did your stove backsplash that way, too.

alyssa said...

love your blog!! everything is beautiful!!! i love black & white polka dots!!!

PRICELESS MEMORIES said...

I don't think I would ever have thought to tape napkins to my wall....but that is where my lack of creativity comes in!
Love the polka dots.

Wendy said...

Hey Sara! Looks very cute! - I have a question - I've been wanting to hang plates at some point - what is the best way?

Shnaydo said...

Sarah, LOVE the polka dots behind the stove. L-O-V-E it. And the pantry..um....where IS all that crap you claim to keep in there??? ;-)

Monica said...

you and Dave make me laugh!

Tammy said...

Well I probably would have said "no", until now! Now...I see new uses for napkins, scrapbook paper & contact paper!

Paige said...

I wish I had your creativity! Love the polka-dot backsplash.

Blessings!

lori vliegen said...

wow...your pantry is so organized! i'm afraid that if i taped paper napkins to my pantry walls that no one would be able to see them through all of the junk on the shelves! :)

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

You make me laugh. You are my original creative friend who will do things that no one else would dream of. Taping napkins to the wall indeed (laughing)! Hmm..., wonder what Rich would say if I did that?

Kimm at Reinvented said...

That's something I've never thought of, but then, I'm not as creative as YOU, my dear!

thedomesticfringe said...

Your resourcefulness really amazes me. Love the polka dots.

-FringeGirl

Nicole said...

you never stop???:-)
To talk franckly... I would say :
isn't it starting to be a bit too much?
I love what you do, but I like to have a peacefull atmosphère in the house... I go for soft colors that calm us down!!!!
But we are all diffrent! i love to come and look at your colors!!

Stephanie said...

Love the polka dots! The area behind the stove turned out great, I love it!! If I found the most perfect paper napkins, then of course I'd hang them on the wall... with a little contact paper of course! Can't wait to see what's next. Are there any rooms in your house you haven't gone funky and colorful with yet? How about the garage?

Keri said...

You are too cool, Sara. Seriously, I love everything you do. The polka dots are awesome.

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

Tape paper napkins? SURE! I'll do almost anything that you've tried first!!
It looks GREAT-- I love polka dots!!

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

Btw, I've been raving about you on my blog. :-)

Sarah said...

If I thought it would work out for me, I would. :-) Knowing my lack of artistic ability though, it would probably turn out hideously.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the backdrop! Glad you did your own thing. :-)

Anonymous said...

I found this site using [url=http://google.com]google.com[/url] And i want to thank you for your work. You have done really very good site. Great work, great site! Thank you!

Sorry for offtopic