Tuesday, March 31, 2009

trash 2 treasure

Kari & Kijsa are having a trash to treasure party at their creative blog- what fun! Thought I would join in with a few before and afters:

Little paper caddie thing from Goodwill. Black paint + scrapbook paper + mod podge= a little more fun and color.

Wooden framed mirror and red self from Goodwill (that was a really good day at Goodwill). The red shelf just needed to be cleaned before it got the paper and mod podge treatment. The mirror got a coat or two of black paint, and then the paper patches.

Pedestal bowl from (where else??) Goodwill. Again- paint and mod podge (do you see a trend here?)

Bread box that my parents gave me (from the garbage? The dump? They are good at finding treasures). Just paper and modpodge this time.

Our mirror in the upstairs bathroom- acrylic paint made all the difference. I can't tell you how much fun it is to paint on mirror and glass- try it! If you mess up you can wash it off and try again.

Thanks Kari and Kijsa for the fun party!

Don't forget the giveaway- the 2 winners will be announced tomorrow.

17 comments:

The Summer Kitchen Interiors said...

Well, we can certainly say that we would love to come to your house - such a happy colorful place!!
We love mod podge...we'll have to get it out {probably buy new because it's all dried out b/cause we haven't used it in...forever!} BUT....you have put a creative idea into our heads!!
Enjoy your week!
Karla & Karrie

Jill said...

SOOO inspiring! I am dying to try my dining room table,chairs and hutch...maybe...soon!
Blessings!

bj said...

Oh my gosh...these are all soooo cute and so colorful.
GREAT JOB!

thedomesticfringe said...

I finally posted on my paper curtains. Check them out.

-FringeGirl

kari and kijsa said...

We absolutely, absolutely love your style! So much fun and great transformations!

Thanks for the inspiration!

smiles, kari & kijsa

Songbirdtiff said...

You have such a fun, whimsical style. Love it!

Jill said...

Nice before and afters! Almost every piece I create uses a recycled frame or some other second hand elements, yet I rarely think to take before pictures, because the after is what I'm striving for! i'm going to have to start doing more before pictures...

Helen Pickup said...

Thanks Sara, I'm definitely going to have a go over Easter :)

new every morning said...

How adorable!!!
Your treasures are so fun and colorful!!!

Lazy Mom Leslie said...

I love the colors in the paper you used! So happy! Scrapbook paper and modge podge are magical things!

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Fun, colorful projects!! Thanks for sharing!

Cheryl said...

dang girl...you've got the talent now don't ya!

adrienne said...

cuuuuuuute!!!!

Kitty Scraps said...

Hello Miz Sara,
I love your before and afters, what an improvement! Of course you've got to have talent to pull those off and you certainly have that. I've admired your work for quite awhile now *smiles*
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me such a sweet comment! Have a wonderfully blessed week!

Amber said...

How fun and colorful you are!! And you should definitely stop by my friend, Xazmin's blog, because she's having a Mod Podge party today!!!

http://this-istheyear.blogspot.com/

Christie said...

I came across your blog from ModPodge Rocks and I am so thankful! You have got such cute and creative ideas! So inspiring!!

Tess said...

I adore your trash to treasure pieces. What fun! I was just given a small end table/cabinet to decorate for my granddaughter and
!wow! am I ever inspired now. Thanks bunches...