Friday, March 13, 2009

this & that


I couldn't leave out Dave's portrait by the 7 yr old. Those are some nice round glasses you have there, darlin', they remind me of some you used to have :)


This is a phrase from Dave's song, God's Plan. I am thinking of making prints from it- I know I really need to get some new stuff in the etsy shop.


Have a wonderful weekend! We are reviving the family night here. We had been having family nights but somehow forgot along the way. My friend Jen and her family are really good about having a regular family night, Meg just blogged about it, and then I saw an article about it in my Quick Cooking magazine (brownies in the shape of scrabble tiles with letters on each). So tonight is Mincy family game night. The kids are giddy with excitement. A good game of charades is always a stress reliever :) What about you- any good family night ideas?

9 comments:

Monica said...

Sara, I LOVE your new painting with the flowers surrounding the text. It's still your style but so different from the others you've done! As always, great job!

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

We have family night every Friday night (or Saturday if Friday doesn't work). We play games or watch a movie together. We spread a picnic blanket in the living room and I make all finger foods. We've been doing it for a couple of years now and the kids LOVE it. It's good for our family too!

Oh...don't get me started on round glasses. I gotta go dig up Rich's old ones- you wouldn't believe how big the lenses are. Terribly nerdy:)

ByHISgoodGrace said...

I'd be the first client to buy this Jesus print!!! I have three things of yours up in the house. Two in fancy frames. Amazing art work!

Jes said...

Your painting of the phrase from Dave's song is beautiful. :)
And yay for family nights!

Sara said...

Growing up, we LOVED playing games! Our little one is too young, but my husband and I always have fun when we play a board game. I schooled him in Trivial Pursuit last week...

Love the new painting -- you should make them into prints before Easter!

adrienne said...

scrabble brownies... too cute! please take a picture of them and share! we loooove scrabble and my kiddos are really good at it too.

So blessed! said...

I love, love, love your work. So fun! Do you use acrylics?

lesley grainger said...

your work is a true inspiration of God's love. Thank you for sharing your artwork. LG

ReminisceHeirlooms said...

You are so talented. These are just beautiful.