Wednesday, March 4, 2009

soooo excited!

All I can say is that this happens when you do not expect it. Today was a very busy day- school, sick kids, errands to run, people to visit. I would have never expected to totally almost finish my room remodel (on the $65 budget!!!).

I was out doing the errands and Dave was home while the kids were napping and/or having quiet time. I knew I didn't have much time- but thought I would just really quick pop into Target.....long story short in one hour I found:

4 different decorative pillows for the bed (sales and clearance: Target and TJ Maxx)
4 pillow cases (Ross)
a pack of scrapbook paper (on sale at Michaels...lucky for me all of those stores are right next to each other)
a cute little brown tin with polka-dots
1 throw for at the end of the bed

TOTAL: $64

Yes, can you believe it??? I told you the bee was in my bonnet to get the room done NOW. It is so pretty and I am so happy and it is almost finished...and I am thinking up ways to do curtains without spending anything else- and I am scrounging up old canvases to work with....

SO SORRY- no pictures!!!! Isn't that awful? I am too tired- I will take some tomorrow, I promise!!!!!!!

Sweet dreams of chocolate brown pillows.................

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

Can't wait to see it! I love brown and with polka dots...how fun!

Kimm at Reinvented said...

Congrats! Can't wait to see the pictures!

michelle allen said...

Hi Sara,
Thanks for stopping by my blog :)
Your room sounds like it's going to be fabulous. Smart of you to do so much planning. I always forget to plan and then I go to the stores and wander aimlessly!
Looking forward to the finished product :)
xoxo,
Michelle

Tammy said...

How exciting!! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Amber said...

WOW! You accomplished a ton in an hour!!! I am so slow. I could never "pop" in all those places looking for all of those different items so quickly! ha! Maybe when I'm a mom I'll become naturally faster! Or maybe I just need some bees in my bonnet. I can't wait to see some pictures of your finished room!

thedomesticfringe said...

Good for you! You could start a design show.

-FringeGirl

Victorious1 said...

Shopping treasures are so exciting! What a blessing... looking forward to see the end result too.

~Vicki

gailsgarden said...

Dad says, "Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!!! He can't stop laughing and says, "Sara, you're nuts!!!"

Wendy said...

Yeah! So happy for you. Look forward to the pics.

PRICELESS MEMORIES said...

Oh, I can't wait to see it. I loved all the colors from your last post. Way to go!

Keri said...

I knew you would be under budget - Fabulous! I can't wait for the pictures.