Friday, March 20, 2009

some questions I need to ask myself everyday

Dave's Mom found these questions. Pretty convicting stuff!!!!

Do I have pride?
Am I dead to all desire for praise?
Do I have the presence of God in my life?
Am I free from the fear of man?
Do I embrace the cross in every way it presents itself to me?
Am I willing to give up my ease and my convenience to minister to others?
Am I ready to give up a point when I am contradicted?
Am I content with whatever is or may be, feeling that God, the Author of all events, does and will do all for my good?

Puritan writer, John Fletcher

I am having some struggles that are glaringly evident when I read this list. Of course I want praise- don't we all?? My prayer for today is that I seek God's approval - and measure "success" in His eyes. It is not important how much art I sell.....it is important how I lived this day showing love & obedience to our precious Lord and to others.

5 comments:

So blessed! said...

WOW. Thoughts to really think about. Some I do better at than others. Always room to grow. Thanks for sharing those.

Laura D said...

Thanks for sharing! Definitely leaves me with things to think about as well.

Wendy said...

Amen sister - thanks for these convicting and encouraging thoughts.
Have a great weekend!

Paige said...

Sara - Thank you for the "faith-check" today when I visited your blog.

I can't wait to get the print I ordered from your Etsy store to place in my home.

Blessings to you!

ByHISgoodGrace said...

Wow, these are good questions every Christian ought to ask.