Tuesday, March 10, 2009

progress report

The room is coming along- there is plenty left to do- but I am happy with it for right now. It is a cozy spot for us to be. We will eventually buy a real bed- we have used just a frame for many years. And I am working on a canvas for over the bed.

The brown curtains were found at Goodwill- they will do nicely until I cover the blinds with fabric (and maybe will keep the brown panels up too).





This is what the room had looked like:
It was a little too bright for the bedroom and things were not coming together- like curtains, etc, and the furniture (brown) did not fit with this at all.

What's a post without little Sadie?!?! Here she is suffering through another dress-up game...and curling up with a good book.

11 comments:

Chrissie Grace said...

oh, I like it so much better than before! It is very soothing and relaxing...You did a great job on your budget. Of course I love the polka dot mirror too!
Love it!
xo
Chrissie

Pam said...

Your artwork is always so bright and cheerful, so I was very interested in seeing how you tackled calm and cozy. You did a great job! Want to do mine next?

Jennifer said...

looks good!

Keri said...

Your room looks beautiful - and comfy and cozy. Sadie is as cute as ever - can't wait to meet her.

Tracey said...

I love the bedroom!! It looks wonderful!!

Kimm at Reinvented said...

You have done a fantastic job creating a restful and comfortable and BEAUTIFUL room for both of you.

Catherine Anne said...

It is looking great. As I said before I love the browns. :))
-http://catherineanne5.blogspot.com/

mrs.pabody said...

Did you make or purchase the star over your bed?

LOVE the room!! :)

Stephanie said...

Your room looks great! I love the photo of sadie sleeping on the books...how cute!

Sara said...

it's so cowgirl chic! I'm totally going to do my room NOW!!! beach on a budget... goodwill here i come!

ByHISgoodGrace said...

Wow, Sara--that first picture looks like it could be in a magazine. What an awesome interior designer you are! I love the color scheme. Job well done.