Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hello!

It was such a nice treat to have Kim & David & family stay with us this weekend. We are friends from college- and they are home on furlough from their mission field- Brazil (notice David's message on the chalkboard). It is so exciting to see what the Lord is doing in Sao Paulo. You can see more here at TheHuffmans.info.

As you can see - they are just the same as in college :)
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

On a different note, thanks for the Lemonade award, Stephanie :) (visit her blog to see some really creative stuff that she has made: Jonquils and Ladybugs)


Thanks to Keeling for the Kreativ blogger award. You will want to visit Keeling too:Confessions of a Mommy Blogger

With this award you have to list 7 things you love.....
Seven things I love:

1. God who so amazingly created this beautiful world for us to enjoy everyday

2. My sweet husband, Dave, who washes the dishes every night (I loved you even before you did that, so don't say anything :)

3. My kids who delight in the smallest things. Whose love and smiles and words and color bring joy to my life everyday.

4. Paint!!! What would I do without paint??!? Also: paint brushes, Styrofoam plates used as palettes, Sharpies, & canvas.

5. Our church- we just love to go. We love the spirit and excitement at our church about the Lord. It is a happy place.

6. Scripture verses and inspirational quotes

7. Spring. Sunny, breezy weather. Everything smells good- the sounds, the colors, again- God's creation- amazing!

7 is too few! I would add: our new puppy- we LOVE her. Also; cake, corn chips, lemonade, steak & potatoes, watermelon, polka-dots, red & orange together, Target, Archiver's, colorful quilts, & books.

Speaking of books, has anyone else read The Last Sin Eater by Francine Rivers? It is a reallllly good one. I just found out it was made into a movie- looks good!

9 comments:

Chrissie Grace said...

Hi Sara
I just finished Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. I loved it! I'll have to check out this one too.
BTW, thanks for egg inspiration. I think we'll be a little more creative this year!:)
xo
Chrissie

PRICELESS MEMORIES said...

Awe, I haven't seen David and Kim in forever. I didn't know they were serving in Brazil. They look great! What fun to have them for the weekend.

Congrats on all the bloggy awards!

Paige said...

Sara,

I have ready "Redeeming Love" but not "The Last Sin Eater." I will definitely check that out.

I received my print in the mail today and I love it. I can't wait to frame it and hang it in my guest room. Thanks for sharing your art!

Blessings!

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

Last Sin EAter is probably the only book that has ever made me cry while reading it. The movie is really good and I'm wanting to buy the DVD at some point. "Redeeming Love" is well written but too graphic for me- I'll tell you why if you ask me later. Her "Mark of the Lion" series is supposed to be excellent but I haven't read those.
We are in testing at WCA all week, hoping to come up with a date we can get together for a playdate soon. hope you are having a great week!!!

Lacy said...

Love the picture of your sweet friends. What a great thing they are doing! Ive been catching up with you and glad to see you are well. Love the puppy pics too.

Donette said...

I agree with gypsy's opinion on Redeeming Love. I have read the Mark of the Lion series - very good, as well as And the Shofar Blew.

Jenn A said...

All of Francine Rivers' books are excellent! She has written quite a variety and I read every one I could get my hands on. They are very much worth reading!
I haven't seen the movie of the Last Sin Eater book.

thedomesticfringe said...

I love Francine Rivers. She is one of my favorite authors. The Last Sin Eater is a great book. I haven't seen the movie, but I'd like to see it.

-FringeGirl

Sarah said...

I am glad to know you use Styrofoam plates for palattes. :-) I painted a couple of canvases and plates were the only thing I could find to put my paint on. I feel much better knowing that a famous artist also uses them.....lol. :-)