Monday, March 9, 2009

fooooooooooooood (and just a few photos of sadie)

Any dirty clothes piles at all in the house? Sadie will find it and curl up! She came to the right place- there is usually a pile somewhere.
Right in the middle of the kitchen floor- she has taken over my kitchen! My house! My life :) (and it's only the fourth day....)

"Mommy- what is that ridiculous thing that you are putting in my hair?!?!?"


A prisoner! We put this board up to keep her in the kitchen.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Singapore Salsa- This is that salsa recipe that my mom in law makes. It is the best salsa I have ever had. I am not even one to get into salsa- so this stuff has made me turn over a new leaf.

2 cans Del Monte diced tomatoes with jalapenos
1 can peaches, drained

1/2 - 1 med. onion

1 bunch cilantro

1 tsp. salt

lime juice to taste (last time I made this with the juice of 1 & 1/2 limes)
1 T garlic


put all in blender or food processor. Blend! It is not a chunky salsa.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


Poke N Pour cake

This is what we had for our 3 year old's b-day party. It was the perfect solution for a girl who wanted a pink cake and the rest of us wanted something yummy. (I added some red jello powder :: about 1/3 of a pack:: to the cool whip for the top)

11 comments:

knack said...

ooooh ... miss sadie is so perfect and sweet!! We can't wait to meet her!! I'm telling you right now that Brynn will never put her down ! :)

Stephanie said...

Love your new baby! She's so cute and looks so snuggly all cuddled up in the laundry. When is her board to the kitchen getting painted black and some patchwork design?

Kimm at Reinvented said...

She is SO cute!
Having a new puppy is like having a newborn, isn't it? :)

thedomesticfringe said...

Your dog is just adorable! That jello cake is my husband's favorite. I make it for his birthday every year.

-FringeGirl

Jessica said...

Cannot wait to try the salsa. My kids love "fruit" salsa and this might just suit their taste buds!
Enjoy little Sadie!

Jessica said...

Sara, Check out my blog to see my mom's decoupaged kitchen inspired by you!

N Verdulla said...

Sadie is so cute!

Tracey said...

Glad Sadie is settling in to her new home. It is amazing how quickly we become attached to our fur babies!!!

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

Love the pooch!!
Does the salsa get foamy at all when it's put in the blender? I love salsa!

Your widget is great, btw!

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

Also, the cake looks delicious, and the candles and plates are SO you!

christina said...

that salsa sounds delicious! i am going to try it next time i have the urge for some chips 'n' dip.

i also love Sadie :P I should send you some pictures of my new puppy Lewey :P He's a 3 month old Maltese