Saturday, March 21, 2009

family nite & the puppy

Last night's family night: Jello Jigglers, pigs in little blankets, crunchy banana splits, & a cartoon. What could be better than that??!?

Crunchy Banana Splits:
Combine
*2 & 1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
*5 tsp butter (this is what the recipe says- but who measures 5 tsp. of butter? I used 5 TBSP- why not? It sure did taste good. I am sure I will regret it when we all have heart attacks)
*4 tsp. chopped pecans

Drop vanilla ice cream by 1/2 cupfuls and roll in mixture. Put in bowl with banana halves. Top with chocolate sauce, whip cream and a pecan. makes about 5 or 6 bowls.

Sadie and her new friend the big stuffed dog.



Look at her little crossed legs :) She is so spoiled!

9 comments:

Sara said...

Sadie is precious! My husband tries to act macho about our Maltese, but you will often find the two of them snuggling like Dave & Sadie.

PRICELESS MEMORIES said...

Sadie is sooo cute. I bet the kids are loving her. Looks like a yummy family nite dinner. I love pigs in a blanket!

lori vliegen said...

your banana split is calling my name...especially since i now know that there's 5 TBSP of butter instead of 5 tsp. (butter is one of my favorite food groups!). and, that sweet little puppy is too cute!! :)

Fifi said...

That food looks deee-lish! I can see that sweet little pup is getting alot of luv!

Catherine Anne said...

Crunchy banana splits look great:)
-http://catherineanne5.blogspot.com/

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

You always share the BEST recipes. I'm hungry now.

Keri said...

Mmmmm those sundaes look great!
Sadie is as cute as ever.

Stephanie said...

Hi Sara,
Stop by my blog... I have something for you!
http://jonquilsladybugs.blogspot.com/

mythoughtsonly said...

love the cherry plates, where did you get them?