Monday, March 2, 2009

beading day


We got to go to Penne's house on Saturday for a beading day! What fun! I made Penne stand here and get a picture by the painting (thanks for putting up with my torture :)


Here she is- our beading teacher! Anita teaches art (you've seen her house here before....oh and speaking of back splashes...check hers out in that post- love it!!!!) so she was the perfect one to instruct us amateur beaders. I made this necklace she is wearing- but it looked much better on her......
So she gave me this one. Which I love :)

Modelling another of Anita's creations.



I am blessed with many creative friends! Here is Betty with her gorgeous shell necklace.



Sweet picture. Here is Nancy and Candice. Remember Candice? She is our other beading teacher and super creative girl.


Awww, another great picture. Deb and Nancy. Nancy is wearing earings made by Michelle. Michelle really has a knack for beading too.

All in all, a fun day with fun friends and good food. Did you think I would forget to mention the food?!?!?!

Here is the Snicker Bar Salad recipe for Denise:

Cut up 6 Snicker bars
Cut up 6 apples
Mix together with a tub of cool whip
throw in some mini marshmellows for fun

(knowing Denise she will make the Snicker bars from scratch and use real whip cream :) :)

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

That salad was delicious. I thought your necklace last night looked familiar!! You all did an awesome job!

thedomesticfringe said...

That sounds like SO MUCH FUN! I love all the beads. I've never allowed myself to get into beading because I think I may go bankrupt with it. I'd also need a good teacher like you've got. Maybe one day...

Did you make the painting above the fireplace?

-FringeGirl

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

Why oh why do I not have 6 snickers bars on hand? I'm saving this recipe- I bet it was delish!!!! Hate that I missed the party- I want to hear about Dottie's message...

PRICELESS MEMORIES said...

Oh what fun.....a bead party. Pretty stuff and I have to try the snicker receipe. Snickers are my Favorite!

Keri said...

MMMMM - what a great recipe.
The necklaces are beautiful and it looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

Sherri S said...

Beautiful beading! Isn't it such a joy to have crafty friends?! Love all the necklaces.

Younge 7 said...

Thank you, thank you!! I am going to make that "salad" today!!!

Lisa said...

I like the long necklace you're wearing. A beading party would be fun.

Catherine Anne said...

How fun! I love to bead
-http://catherineanne5.blogspot.com/