Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Be Still & Know That He Is God

Thanks for the order, Tina! I think I am going to keep it, though.

Just kidding :)....but sometimes a painting turns out in such a way to make me want to keep it for my wall. I never really know how a painting is going to turn out. I have tried planning and doing rough drafts- that does not work for me. I just have to start painting with a main idea and see where it leads.

I am sure it will be happy on your lime green wall :)

My 7 year old son drew a picture of the 3 year old that I think captures her personality quite well. The ornery expression, the pig-tails....yep, that's her!

Here is me according to the 7 year old. And that is not Sara-EE, but my age(33). What can I say- he is homeschooled....


The 6 year old's self portrait (yes, he actually does have long eyelashes :)


our 7 year old


Dino made from shapes idea found on the ever wonderful blog: Crafty Crow. Our little girl gets quite wild with the glue.


Penguin & portrait drawing lessons found on my new fave art teacher blog: Deep Space Sparkle.

Oh dear, I can't remember where I found this idea- you get out your blocks and trace around a bunch of them to make a castle shape- then trace the pencil lines with crayon, finish up with watercolor paints. I think it was from a link on Deep Space Sparkle.

The kids loved these art lessons. These little tips work like a charm to give some drawing confidence; tracing shapes, or starting a penguin off with 1 large oval and 1 small oval, or starting your self portrait with a large U.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Announcement! Sale at the etsy shop!!!!!!
Button boxes (with ring and magnet) on sale for $7
I am close to having 100 sales!!! To celebrate- the next 9 sales (til we reach 100) will get a FREE In Everything Give Thanks print (muted version)

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

12 comments:

Jes said...

love the drawings......oh and your painting, too!!!

chickadee@afamiliarpath said...

i love kids' art!

PRICELESS MEMORIES said...

I love the kids little portraits. You need to frame them. I must say....they drew you to look a little mean! :) I don't believe it for a second.

Your bedroom is looking so cozy! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

gailsgarden said...

I love the portraits! Cute art project ideas too! Remember when you took that art class? Remember how apprehensive you were to go, but how much you loved it?

Jennifer said...

those are great drawings...they have your talent!

So blessed! said...

The kiddos have your talent, I see! Love the pics. You really need to frame those. They are precious.

Tracey said...

Great art work....your kids inherited your talents!

Kimm at Reinvented said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the verse, that's one of my favorites.
Such talented kids you have too!

Patty P said...

Yay! Portraits and Penguins! Can't get much cuter! Glad the kids enjoyed the lesson.

Cary said...

They inherited their momma's artistic talent!!!!

Oh, and I LOVE your bedroom!!!

Fifi said...

I suppose what should I expect from an arty mom??? Those are brilliant!

Catherine Anne said...

Be still....
This is something my mom has told me to say for years
-http://catherineanne5.blogspot.com/