Monday, March 30, 2009

....An Apology.....

Oh dear! I am such a work in progress....

I wrote a defensive post the other day and have to apologize for it. That post was written in the wrong way, and I am so sorry! I hope that you, my readers will realize that I do struggle in the area of wanting everyone to love me. I am learning to realize that everyone in the world does not love my "over the top" decor...that is OK- and I need to take that criticism. It is OK for you as a reader to comment on this blog and tell me the truth!

The reader that left "the comment" did not mean any harm- and she was just very sweetly giving her opinion- (which I asked for :)

This is further teaching from the Lord, and I am thankful to the friends I have in my life who are willing to #1 disagree with me and #2 tell me when I have not responded in the right way.

I have taken I Corinthians 13 as my chapter for this year- Love is Kind- Love does not seek it's own- Love does not boast....is not jealous- and on and on......

How much I need these verses every day!!!!!! How I need to rely on God and His wisdom and not my own!

Please forgive me if I have offended you.....remember this post?!?!?!? Hmmmm, I need to read those more than once a day :)

11 comments:

lori vliegen said...

you are such a sweetie pie....and i know that God surely must be so happy that you have looked to His Word for guidance! we are all such a work in progress! :)

Emily@remodelingthislife said...

I read the post last week and actually loved it because I thought the broader message was to be true to who you are. I don't expect everyone to love every style or everything about me. I do think that if someone doesn't like it, they have better use of their time than to say it outloud. It's not productive for anyone.

skB said...

hey Sara,

Thanks for this post--and thanks for your tender heart:)

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

Ummm....I am offended. When you were talking about plain, blank walls, were you meaning me? Just kidding:) Seriously- I LOVE how your personality comes through in your home and your artwork. I love being able to walk in a store and say to myself, "Sara would like that" or "That looks like my friend Sara." Too many people care so much about what others think of their decorating and clothing styles, etc that no one knows who they REALLY are. Thank you for being yourself and being transparent through the use of your talents that God has given you!!! Love you!

Helen Pickup said...

Thanks for your lovely comments. I did want to ask you, how did you do the patchwork in your kitchen, what did you stick the paper patches to your wall with and did you varnish or something afterwards? I want to have a go myself 'cos it looks fab!

Cary said...

That post did not feel negative at all to me! I LOVE how you have created a colorful and fun home for your family! So many of us take our homes WAY too seriously and it's so refreshing to see a home that is LOVED instead of just lived in!

By the way, have you entered this?:

http://www.plaidonline.com/articleDetail.asp?articleID=463

If you haven't, you need to!!!!

Jana said...

That blog was very sweet!~~~~
My sisters always laugh at my house because instead of having art on my walls I have photographs of me, family, and friends. One time my Brother in law counted the ones in the living room, dining room, and hallway and there were 86!!!! I was in 67 of them!!!!!
(I love your house by the way)

knack said...

:) :) :)

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

Wow, I didn't think it sounded defensive at all. But if someone made that comment to me, I might feel a twinge of hurt, too.

For the record, I adore your house. It just radiates cheerfulness and joy.

However, I can definitely see my in-laws making a comment like that to me. Not trying to be hateful, but just because they truly don't understand. They are self-proclaimed "country people," and they aren't too comfortable with color. I appreciated your message, that it is OKAY to decorate for US-- my family loves our home. And it doesn't matter if my cousin's sister's kid thinks that green walls are a "bit too much."
Thanks!

Jill said...

it is so fun seeing God working in you...although I thought you were pretty graceful in your first post too! have a great day!

Joy said...

Hey, I didn't think you were defensive! Sara, I love what you do with color--gee whiz, live it up! For me, I like all that color and then I like minimal, clean, modern also---whatz a girl to do??? Arrrgh... the angst! I find your style inspiring. Please continue!