Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Trip Down Memory Lane

The first house we ever lived in (after 2 apartments together). We rented this cute little house in Greer, SC. Here was the nursery ready for our first baby to come home.


The window treatments were fabric remnants tied to twigs. (this was 7 years ago)

Christmas at our house- blue and red were my colors.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Then we moved about 5 minutes away (still in Greer) and were so excited to buy our first house. The biggest thrill was being able to paint and do whatever we wanted without having to ask a landlord. You remember the boys room (you can see that here). We had gotten to pick out all of the tile and carpet colors- so fun! And that black chandelier- I LOVED it- WHY, WHY, WHY didn't we bring that with us when we moved?!?!?! Here is where those red checked curtains first showed up- I sorta miss them now that I see them in all of their glory (I didn't throw them away- just shoved them in a closet)




I discovered the joy of writing on walls....

This tree had the fruits of the Spirit written on the leaves



This verse was supposed to encourage me while I was doing the dishes, I suppose :)

It is fun to look back sometimes. I didn't remember half of this stuff til I came across the pictures. Funny how a person's style changes and evolves over time. How about you- has your style changed or stayed the same?

13 comments:

Cindy said...

Thanks for sharing such special memeories. I know I say this everytime I leave a comment, You are such an inspiration to me! We have hit a rough patch right now. My husband was laid off from his job. We are trying to follow our dream of starting our own business. I think of you and your husband and how you are living your dream and am inspired!
God Bless you
Cindy

Monkey's Momma said...

Very cute blog! I am bookmarking you so that I can add you to my blog later!

blair said...

I freaking love your blog, your art, your work! SO addicting! :)

gailsgarden said...

Every house was cute! Wasn't the first one in Taylors? I have special attachment to the houses you lived in when a new baby arrived! I also have a special attachment to each new baby!!!

Tracey said...

My style has changed over the years. I used to be more country style with blue and red and now I am more cottage style, still with red (Love it) but now I have green and yellow too, no more blue for me!
Love your style!!

Keri said...

Thanks for going down memory lane and sharing with us! LOVE the Dr. Seuss room - just remarkable! Seems terrible to think of it covered in beige.

Sara said...

Just wanted to comment back at ya! You've inspired me to get painting again -- I'm working on something for Baby Ellie's room. I'll post pictures of it when it's finished & her nursery, too!

PRICELESS MEMORIES said...

The boys room was soooo cute. I can't believe you did that. WOW!

Oh yes, my style in my home changes often. I have always leaned more toward painted furniture and I have always liked Pottery Barn style. Lately I've been in the mood for lots of vintage and I love photos of my kids around the house.

Ps.. I would love to look into the window guy, just depends on how far that is. Thanks for thinking of me!

Pam said...

My style has changed over the years. When we lived in Guam, it seemed like I was trying to recreate "The States." I used lots of warm tones, country things, and was always on the lookout for woodsy things. When we moved back to the States, it was like I was trying to bring Guam with me, but I also simplified my decorating. So now, everything is light colors with white accents. My house is small, and I try to open it up as much as possible with light colors, and everything is much more streamlined than it used to be.

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

I love these memories of yours! The tree with the fruits of the spirit is a great reminder as one leaves the house- I want one!!! Too bad it won't work on my door:( I miss you!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope your trip was fun, I prayed for ya!

Stephanie said...

My style changes sometimes as fast as I change my clothes. All I need is something to inspire me and I'm off and running! We've repainted some rooms in our house as much as 4 times and we've only been here for 9 years.

Kimm at Reinvented said...

How fun to take a trip down memory lane. My style has changed from way country to more traditional with cottagey influences. (?)

Amber said...

Wow! It's amazing to see how much your style has changed & evolved in the last 7 years! There are definitely hints of Sara today, but there was a lot of country influence back then too. ;)

I think my style tastes are always changes in little bits. It makes me a little anxious to think about, because I hate the idea of working to create a certain look that I love today, then deciding that I'm "over" that look and putting more time and energy and money into creating it into something different. I try to stick with pieces that I think have timeless character that I will always appreciate, and then add in accessories that I can change up as my preferences change.