Monday, February 16, 2009

A Sweet Weekend

Lots of really fattening food this weekend....I PROMISE I am going to go on a diet!!! (but just in case you are not on a diet and if you want a really yummy cake, this is just chocolate cake with holes poked in it and caramel poured over it and cool whip on top with crushed Butterfingers). And I PROMISE I have a healthy recipe to share with you sometime this week....
My Mom-in-law's salsa.

Here we are with the limo that picked us up on Saturday night...JUST KIDDING- haha. It was outside of Carrabbas when we left so I made Dave stand there for a picture- our friends would not even get in the picture with us :)

Hope your weekend was sweet- now on to a new week!!!! Lots to do- trip to get ready for. We are going to Delaware for Dave to have a concert at a church on Sunday.

9 comments:

skB said...

okay. that cake looks delish. could you drop some off on the way to De?? :)

WHAT?!?!?! You're giving away mom's salsa recipe????

Keri said...

Sara, my mouth is watering over the pie picture. You know I don't live very far from you if you needed any help finishing it :) (I know, who am I kidding, it's gone already I'm sure!)

Love the limo pic. As always, Dave is such a good sport.

gailsgarden said...

Yum! Looks good!!! We had LOTS of scrumptious desserts at our Valentine Dinner on Fri. Mine (a delicious raspberry one) didn't get much attention because there were triffles, cheese cakes, etc. We didn't care. We have it in the freezer and are working away at it. When you eat it slowly, you won't gain any weight. Right?

Tammy said...

Yummy, that looks delish!! So glad you had a nice weekend!

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

erase... erase... erase... the picture of that yummy... gooey... to die for... looking cake! hellO... YUM!

i will be paying for all the sweets i indulged in this week! it was fun though right! :D

big week for you... with heading out of town! i hope it goes JUST RIGHT for you!

XO :D

Stephanie said...

That looks so yummy! I am trying to stop eating sweets and go on a diet but things like this keep poping up.

PRICELESS MEMORIES said...

i THINK i HAVE HAD THAT CAKE BEFORE. iS IT CALLED EARTHQUAKE CAKE????? lOOKS SO YUMMY. gLAD YOU HAD FUN WITH YOUR SWEETIE!

thedomesticfringe said...

I thought it was so funny that your friends wouldn't get in the picture too.

Glad you had a great night out!
-FringeGirl

Sara F. said...

I just had to tell you how much your blog inspires me. Your artwork (and your home) are just an explosion of color. It just makes me smile. Thanks for sharing your gift of color!