Saturday, February 7, 2009

hi!

Hope you are having a great Saturday. I keep getting up and planning on making the cookie dough brownies- but then sitting back down again. I will give you this link to Bakerella where you can see the brownies and the recipe- but I will warn you- if you are on a diet -do not click over there. You will succumb to her beautiful treats.

To answer your questions- we are getting a poodle puppy. Our friends' poodle had 3 little girl puppies. We are so excited. They are black and very cute. But like I told you- it is still a secret- the kids have no idea. We will get the puppy towards the end of this month.

I am getting excited to paint the cupboards now that I have talked about it- I think a black coat first and then green on top, with some sanding of the edges. Maybe I will take a cupboard door down and try it- see what it looks like.

Pray for Dave tomorrow- he is having a concert at our church. He will be singing songs from the CD, but some new ones too. I am so excited about him being able to do this- I know that it is his hearts desire to sing to the Lord and share what he has learned and written.

Have a great Sunday.

9 comments:

PRICELESS MEMORIES said...

I'll be praying! Have a great Sunday.

Oh and the brownies. I'm not even gonna go there. I'm starting on Monday with better eating and excer. Ugh summer is just around the corner and I'm feeling flabby!

Cary said...

Can't wait to see the cabinets!

GOOD LUCK DAVE! I will certainly say a little prayer for you!

Jessica said...

Yeah! Puppies are awesome...especially when they finally grow up! We love our Schnauzer/Heeler mix and Chihuahua/Shiba Inu mix. Your kids will be so excited. What are you going to name it? Fuscia? Chartruse? Scarlet? Lavendar?
Get it... "color" names!!!
Ours are Cleo (after the poodle in Clifford on PBS) and Ty (after Ty Pennington of Extreme Home Makeover... we like TV, unfortunately!)

Tracey said...

Thank you for the warning...I am on a diet so I avoided visiting Bakerella. Can't wait to see your puppy. That's wonderful about your husband singing..I will remember him in my prayers :)
Tracey

Jake Jacob said...

Absolutely love your site. Would love for you to register and be a part our community.
Cagora
- Where Passions become Profitable

Tammy said...

Thanks for the Bakerella link, those cookie dough brownies look so yummy! I'll have to be making some soon!

I can't wait to see your puppy & the cupboards. I think the black the green will look really great!

Sending prayers for Dave, too!

Heather Kvale said...

Sara, have you considered doing a piece with the names of the Lord on them? I'm sure you've seen the Walmart poster that was around forever. I think you could do a GREAT job but it would be a lot of words. Hmmm....had to share!

thedomesticfringe said...

You're going to have such fun with your new poodle pup! It's like adding a two year-old to the house. :-)

Can't wait to see the cabinet door, but maybe you should show us the inside of the cabinet. ;-)
-FringeGirl

Amber said...

Mmmmm, I made these brownies last week for the girls in the college small group I lead and they were so YUMMY! They literally squealed with delight (which had my hubby laughing from his office) at the thought of cookie dough and brownies being combined into one delicious dessert! Instead of frosting, I sprinkled some chocolate chips on top, popped it back in the oven for a couple of minutes, then used a silicon spatula to spread the melty chocolate chips around like icing. I love that they are SUPER easy & fast to make, but very different and delicious too!

Your family will LOVE you for making them this treat!