Tuesday, February 10, 2009

::flowers::plates::pink::orange::



8:30- everyone is ready early today with chores done ready to start school. We do our Bible time together and read about the widow's mites. Do you remember that one? The rich man gave a whole bunch of money and the lady brought just a few coins. BUT - she brought all she had! Jesus saw her and said she gave much more. That was a good way to start our day.

Moving on to the book about skunks :) Very interesting little creatures. I guess that sort of balances out Valentine week for everyone- so things don't get too sweet.


After we finished up some more school work- math/reading/writing, the boys made the tissue paper flowers and added buttons and beads to the pipe cleaners. Then onto coloring and gluing paper for V-day cards. At this point the kitchen is a wreck. Paper and beads and buttons and scraps everywhere! Add a 2 year old who likes to lick the tips of markers. Pass out snacks--squeeze in some e-mail time to catch up on things and we finally got the standardized test ordered....glad to check that off the list.


Piano practice for the boys-- Outside to play in the gorgeous weather. Inside for lunch and try and control the clutter and art supplies.


Kids sent to rooms for quiet time and I get out the door to take some art to the Eclectic Furniture Garden. (Dave's working upstairs, so no, they were not abandoned). Just walking into that shop will inspire you! Found an adorable pink polka-dotted scarf- perfect for Valentine's date night. Dropped off the art.

Look at the time- there are a few minutes left before the kids are done with quiet time- I will sneak off to Target! I had to get a plate (I passed up the adorable green and white lampshade on sale for $11)- if there was a Target melamine plate of the month club, I would join. When you see all the desire-ables at Target and know you are trying to save money- a cute $2 plate is just the ticket.


Found some polka-dot paper plates for the 3 year old b-day this month. A few minutes left!! I ran over to Michaels and quickly snatched up a little bin of buttons and a 40% off canvas- and scooted home before the baby woke up. Whew- that felt great!!! Just enough inspiration- just enough shopping.....not too much money spent....

Told Dave all about the fun and deals and cuteness and every single new thing at the Eclectic Garden- gave out snacks- took a few minutes to find a spot for the plate- got dinner ready- ate dinner- sat down on the couch for a minute- listened to the boys getting piano lessons from dad-- cleaned the dishes- put kids to bed- sat on the couch and blogged about it. Sat on the couch and thought about the cookie dough brownies in the fridge- do you know how good those are??!?!? Just a tiny piece....

I'm ready for bed :) Hope you had a good Tuesday.....

11 comments:

Paige said...

Love the Valentine Day cards. I am a sucker for homemade cards.

I also love the plate.

Jes said...

what a fun and wonderful day!! :):)

Nikki said...

You are one busy lady, and what a cute plate!

Jody said...

Sounds like your family has so much fun---and keeps busy!:) I also love all the pictures of your spring kitchen!!! Those cookie dough brownies sound fantastic!:)

chickadee@afamiliarpath said...

cute, cute flowers! i got the art print yesterday and i love it. can't wait to find the perfect spot for it. thanks for the card too!

Monica said...

Skunks and valentines...are you going to find the Peppy le Peu version of Looney Tunes for them to watch?

Jessie said...

You are so bright you make me so Happy!! Love your new plates!! I am thinking of just purchasing mix plates for our dinner wear!!

Love you Jessie

PRICELESS MEMORIES said...

I bet you slept good last night!!!

I so want to go to that little shop. Sounds so fun.

gailsgarden said...

Whew! You make me tired! What will you do when you get old and are awake until 3AM like I was last night? Cute flowers! Cute cards! (hope we get some!) Cute plate! Love, MOM

John's Arts & Crafts said...

Very Creative! New Blog on the Hx. of the Lady Bug:
http://historyoftheladybug.blogspot.com/

Laura D said...

Wow! You sure got a lot done while the kids were napping. Wish I could be that productive. (Especially since I don't have any kids yet!)
P.S. I'm making some of the hersey kiss rice krispy treats for my kids at school. I'm about half-way done. (Making some more in the moring...it's time to call it a night for tonight!) I think it would be a ton more fun with little helpers! = ) Thanks for the idea.