Friday, February 6, 2009

color, color, color



no, no, we are not having twins....this is for someone else....
(but we are going to get a puppy, have I mentioned that a hundred times?)



Too bad this is for someone else because it sure does perk up my quiet and unassuming mantle.

I just knew that someone would ask me a question about how I am protecting the paper back splash that I have been working on. I am so appreciative of my special friends who are looking out for me :) I glued the papers on with mod podge and then gave them a few coats of modpodge on top. I will probably follow that with another type of sealer which I am not sure about yet. As you probably already guessed (with help from the porch fiasco that many of you like to remind me about.....) I am not so great at finishing things up in a very careful and orderly manner. There are people on this earth who are careful and orderly and then there is me! And my first born son! We like to splash things around and color the world and let someone else clean it up :)

HAVE A Great weekend!!!!!!! Guess what I am making tomorrow?!?!?! A new cookie dough brownie recipe that I will share with you if it turns out. (why? why? why am I making more fattening food?!?!?!)

13 comments:

Stephanie said...

You're getting a puppy?! How exciting!! What breed?

Tammy said...

Love them both! A puppy...how fun! What kind?

ko said...

thank you thank you thank you for making that twin canvas for me! The momma will LOVE IT! FOR SURE! YOU ARE THE BEST! I MEAN ...IT is PERFECT...better than I envisioned! Thank you so much
KYley
ps..what kind of pup?

Lacy said...

Ok everytime I look I have a new favorite! These two are my new favs!!! I also am drooling over thinking about the cookie dough brownie!!!!!

Lacie said...

I love this new one with the Scripture on it--WOW! I may need to place another order!!

Jessica said...

Sealer schmeeler... life's too short.

thedomesticfringe said...

Love your new paintings. Thanks for letting me know about the backsplash.

I features your question on the domestic fringe today. It's scary...be forewarned.

-FringeGirl

Zana said...

I really admire peple who can use lots of color and make it work. Color scares me...
I have a scripture that is very near to my heart and I've been wanting to do a painting with it...your work has inspired me to go ahead and try~
Thanks for stopping by my blog...oh, and you can totally shave your head...you really learn a lot about yourself during the process... :)
Zana

Carrie said...

Happy weekend Sara! Hurry with the new recipe! I start WW on Thurs.!!!

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

Oh, I'm sad that that canvas is for someone else:( It's my favorite yet!!! That verse is one of my favorites! Maybe once my bedroom get painted and rearranged you can paint one like it for me:)

Sarah said...

Beautiful!! I love the new pieces! The colour combinations are really wonderful.

What kind of puppy? When is it coming to join your family??

Sarah said...

The twin picture is great! I will have to show my friend. Actually, three of my friends at church have twins! THREE!!!

Sue said...

You know I love all your work but that twin one is a must have...someday. DOUBLE TROUBLE needs to be in bold and standing out. I can't believe I am adding another one to the brood. Never a dull moment!!!