Tuesday, January 27, 2009

There is always something more that can be painted with chalkboard paint!

Got the decoupage bug late Saturday night and started another patchy wall. The other walls have scraps of paper just taped up because I was not sure if it was going to be permanent--but this one just started out with the mod podge. Life it too short to worry about the wall and what future owners will want the kitchen to look like. The wallpaper already poses a problem and does not come off cleanly- so here we go. If I want to change it in the future, I will have to do some plaster finish on top of the decoupaged paper- b/c I am sure that will never come off.
Here is the little wall before


Oh yes- my special prize from Joy at Joy-Full-Ness. Thanks, Joy! LOVE the cute tin!!! And what came inside- see below....
These chocolates are addicting! :)


So while I was at it- I got out the chalkboard paint and painted this wall too. I think I need to stop with the black- but this much is still OK because of how big and bright the kitchen is. The fridge acts like a reflector and makes some funny marks on the wall when a picture is taken with a flash.

23 comments:

Steph said...

I am so with you, do what you want to do. It's your house. That wall is absolutely fantastic.

skB said...

I like it Sara! I think it finishes off that area very nicely:)

Jeremy and Amy said...

Looks great, Sara!!!

mikki roo said...

I just love your outlook on life... do what you want with your space cuz life's short! I personally like a very clean uncluttered house, but I still love looking at pics of your artsy colorful space!!

Kimberly said...

Love the walls!

Let me ask you, what is the red on the refrigerator? It looks very cool and I love red!

Annie+Seth said...

Love that contrast. Black...whoduthunk it would turn out so cool?!

Tresa said...

I wish I had the guts to do a project like this in my house. I really enjoy seeing your work.

thedomesticfringe said...

I LOVE it! I think my husband would kill me. I hate our fireplace mantle and have wanted to hide it so many times, but we live in the parsonage, so I can't...especially since someone handmade the mantle.

Good for you on a nice job.
-FringeGirl

Cindy said...

OMG I love this wall! Your house is so cool(I know I'm dating myself with that word)But it is cool!
Thanks for being an inspiration.
Cindy
I just recently painted my kitchen door to the garage with chalkboard paint. Now I have to jazz it up!

Tammy said...

I love this wall (well actually I love your whole house)! It's so colorful & fun! I have got to try this!

Cary said...

Sara- I LOVE IT (singing in opera voice)!!! It is awesome! Are you the most creative gal in the world OR WHAT???

Monica said...

You know, normally the thought of a black wall would horrify me, but you've got so much color going on both on the wall itself and around it that it looks cheery!

Younge 7 said...

It looks sooo good!!! However do you find the time to do those things???? Were the kids napping or what????

Jody said...

Oh! I love the chalkboard paint!!! I might have to try that!!! Those chocolates look heavenly---I think I know what my husband needs to bring me home from work tonight!:)
Your blog is such an uplifting, cheerful place--thank you!!
Jody

Dana D said...

LOVE IT!!!
LOVE IT!!!
LOVE IT!!!

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

Beautiful! Maybe I'll give you some new magnets for your wall:)

PRICELESS MEMORIES said...

Looks so good.

Girl, do you ever relax?????

samsmom said...

okay...you have my dream house. I LOVE all of your bright colors and your creative use of fun paper and your mantle and your chalkboard paint! I have been lurking for awhile, but this wall is just TOO cute not to comment.
I also love all of your scripture paintings.

Helen Pickup said...

Hi, Your wall looks fantastic! What a fab idea. I'm going to have to find a wall in my house to have a go!

Helen Pickup said...

I want to follow you're blog, it's cool, how do i do this?

ko said...

i love love love it! I am still working on my wall! :) SLowky but surely..I am also stealing your ideas with the paper lanterns over the table. I am not stalking you or anything..promise..u are just so creative! :)
kyley

Miss G said...

It looks GREAT!!! Yea for you going for what you want. Kelly

hazel said...

Love chalkboard paint! Michael's has a new line of chalkboard paint in different colors! 16 oz. jars maybe? Blue...Red...Pink?