Wednesday, January 7, 2009

fabric art*

You know those nights when you sit down at about 8:30 and can't do another thing? But your mind is still working a mile a minute and you feel the need to be productive, but you do not want to darn a sock?!?!?!

Here is my solution. I wanted to sit around and sew the cute little birds- but I tried it and it didn't work real well for me. So I cut out these patches and hearts to sew into little pillows. They should (I will let you know) be really easy to sew the heart on and stitch together and stuff a little stuffing inside. But really they are just cute sitting here on my table.


Valentines is just around the corner! And I have been inspired by Jes and her cute hearts.

So happy valentines early...go make some kiss cookies for your fam....







7 comments:

Cary said...

Hello! You don't even have to sew them- check this out:

http://asoftplacetoland-kimba.blogspot.com/2009/01/easy-no-sew-pillow-cover.html

I know you're stuffing them and not using a pillow form, but there's probably a way to make it work, maybe by going ahead and tying most of it and then doing the stuffing... I don't know, but the little ragged edges are so cute! Just thought you might like to know!

Jes said...

Awe, love those. Did you just heat and bond them? Or stitch them? Either way, I'll take them all stitched together for one big throw, please!!!!!!!!! ;) Wouldn't that be the sweetest?!
So glad you like my hearts :)
Hope your school day is going well.

thedomesticfringe said...

Your heart patches are super cute!

Keri said...

So pretty - thanks for my daily dose of COLOR!

PRICELESS MEMORIES said...

Oh I love it. I love the pink fabric. Is is Amy Butler????
Oh and sew some birdies for me while your at it! LOL

Lacy said...

Im with Kari....a daily dose of color and happiness brought to me by Sara!!! Hey what brand of fabric is the green and pink polka dot?

Mark & Trish said...

CUTE!!!! You make the cutest THINGS!!!!