Wednesday, January 14, 2009

chips and chocolate and cheerios



Thanks FringeGirl and Mikki Roo for this award. Not sure what honest scrap means....but I am very honored! The rules say to list 10 honest things about yourself:

1. I love Salt & Pepper chips

2. I love Nut Goodies
Recipe for Nut Goodies
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Melt together:
1 c. chocolate chips
1 c. butterscotch chips
1 c. peanut butter
1/2 c. butter

Fold in: 3 c. mini marshmellows & 1 c. peanuts

pour into a 9x13 pan- refrigerate
So easy, so yummy
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

3. I love cheerios every day for breakfast (sara may be typing while hungry)

4. I love homeschooling.....most days

5. I struggle on a daily basis to have a good attitude and to be joyful in all situations. In Everything Give Thanks! (I KNOW, I have nothing to be discontent about!)

6. I love blogging- it has changed my life (hopefully in a good way- at the very least, my children will know what kind of a person their mother was)

7. I LOVE this book: You Are Special by Max Lucado. It really helps kids (and adults) see how God looks at us. Here is a YouTube video of a reading of the book.

8. If I could, I would dress like a preppy little girl every day- knee socks, pleated skirts, colorful sweaters tied around the waist- pig tails (good thing I have a little girl to dress up :)

9. I Love thrift store & yard sale shopping

10. I did not go to Bob Jones University. I got a comment from one of my sweet blogger friends who got that idea- probably because Dave went there and it is on his website. I went to Maranatha Baptist Bible College; which I love and thought was wonderful and met the greatest people and gained 10 pounds my freshman year because the food was so good. (much better than BJU's, I must say :)

10 comments:

skB said...

ya, how did I gain 15 at BJ? ? ? ?

salads were introduced my last year of grad school. . .THANK GOODNESS!!!

Go eat some breakfast! :)

ko said...

i could totally see you in the pleated skirts & knee socks..how funny! Thanks for the post..I loved learning all of the new things about YOU! :)
kyley

Jessica said...

Blogging IS lifechanging. Everytime I feel like shopping or eating or doing something not "ideal", I blog and feel so blessed... and it's free and doesn't make me gain weight. Well, actually, I guess I need to exercise 1 minute for every minute I blog!!! I set up a time for my kids computer time...perhaps I need one at my computer too???

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Hi there,
If there were an award with the title 'Happiest Blog', I would love to send it your way.
And...thanks for the great new recipe!
Have a good day.

thedomesticfringe said...

Great post, but you definitely must have been hungry!
-FringeGirl

Rachel and Jacob said...

i just luv your blog

PRICELESS MEMORIES said...

Yummy, I will have to make those sinful bars!

The way you described the preppy dresser is totally how I remember you dressing in college! Always a sweater or shirt around the waist and cute little pleated skirts!!!!

joyfullness said...

Sorry Sara...
i think that comment about BJU may have been mine...
you were married to Dave then, yes?
I must be confused...
anyway...now i will really think of you when i pass by...and say..."i know someone famous who DIDN'T go there!!..but her hubby did!!"
happy day!
Joyfullness

Mark & Trish said...

Mmmm that look yummy.but don`t eat to much suger I should tell my self that too.

jenna said...

P.S. That was from Jenna