Tuesday, December 30, 2008

:::::::::turquoise::::::::::::red,orange::::black & white:::::

Good color choice, Lacy! This paint job is still rough and has some work left to do. Yesterday was the fun part- just slap on the paint. But now there is taping and careful finishing to do. The floor- my favorite part- I have always wanted a black & white checkered floor- this was the perfect place- already black and small enough to paint during nap time.


****************************************************

The Husband Factor

Date night at our favorite- Carrabas. Please go and try the chicken Gratella and garlic mashed potatoes.

I was going to not tell Dave at all about the mantle project and let him be surprised when he came home from work. But he called and we were chatting and I said, "guess what I'm doing?" And he said, "painting the mantle?"

BUT- he guessed that I was painting it orange- so I was still able to surprise him a little.

All I can say is that I am very thankful that my husband does not mind the color. He understands my need to create- probably because he has this same need with creating music.

What was his reaction? "I feel like I am in a Dr. Seuss book"

***************************************************

Thanks for all of the color guesses yesterday- I honestly was having difficulty with loading photos- c'mon- you know me- I have no patience! I wanted to show you yesterday!!!

Love to you all,
Mrs. Seuss

21 comments:

Cary said...

I love it! It's perfect and I just love love love the black and white floor and the way you painted the top of the mantel! Your home is so exciting and fun. I can't thing of a better place to live than inside a Dr. Seuss book!!

Stephanie said...

Very Cool! Love the color choices. I can't wait to see how you decorate it for each season.

philben5 said...

If you would like to paint another mantle... come on over! Thanks for the inspiration.
Blessings
Roxanne

Jessica said...

I love it! Especially the top of the mantle. I just love the way you decorate.

skB said...

I love it , Sara! It looks great:)

Fifi said...

I LoVE colour.... especially when it's done well... if you know what I mean!?! YOU DO IT WELL!
Hubby DOES create beautiful music, but he must leave decorating/creating up to you! You are one talented girl!

Lacy said...

I love it sooooo much!!! I love the polka dot touch and floor!!!!! Being Mrs. and Mr. Suess make you fun and whimsical. I would just love to meet you. I can tell your vibrant. I havent been to Carrabas in so long!

Jennifer said...

you seem to have more time than i do (ha ha). looks great.

Jerusalem said...

SO cute and colorful! People say my house looks like an Easter Egg and now yours is like Seussland! What fun!! Lots of color is the best!!

Jes said...

i would love to live in your book ;)
hope you all had a blessed christmas!

mikki roo said...

Wow, you're brave and you're not scared of color... I think I like you!!

BTW you qualify for a blog award, stop by and check it out!!

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

Does Dave like green eggs and ham? LOVE the fireplace!

thedomesticfringe said...

Your hubby's Dr. Suess comment cracked me up! He is great not to mind all the color. Love the polka dots on top.
-FringeGirl

Trish said...

That's my new favorite color!!! It's great, LOVE it!

~Trish

Tammy said...

I love it! A beautiful color, love the polka dot top!

Kim@ForeverWherever said...

It looks great! I always love shades of blue... happy colors!

Jessica said...

Love it!

Younge 7 said...

WoW!!! It is so cute! It is certainly you:) I can't wait to see it in person..

Rachel and Jacob said...

it is blue! love it. well it looks blue on the screen.... haha :)

Keri said...

Beautiful - as always!

Donette said...

I love, Love, LOVE this! I just saw an orange mantle and it was beautiful! I love turquois and I need to find a place to use it in my house!

Also, I do really have heart palpitations. My family has serious heart problems and I was certain that I was dying, but my doc said it was stress. What can I say? Life is stressful sometimes! Good to know I'm not the only one!