Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Such a Wide Range of Emotions.....

My life is such a roller coaster of emotions. I am sure every single human is like this. But do you ever meet someone who is so even keeled you think that if they ever got into your head that they would be shocked?

Here are some of the thoughts that popped into my head just today. (in no particular order- I just type as I remember)

*Wow, I am so blessed- Thank you, Jesus, for my family, I am so blessed, I do not deserve any of it!

*These kids drive me nuts like none other!

*What were we thinking when we decided to homeschool? I am not a good enough teacher, the kids will never even make it to college.

*How lucky our kids are that they get to stay at home and learn the love of learning! How I love to sit here and read with the kids. What a sweet moment.

*If I hear them argue one more time, I will tear my hair out!

*What sweet children- Thank You, Lord. I know I am blessed.

*I am so glad I have been trying to eat healthy- what a good feeling to drink water and eat an apple, I am sure I am on the road to better health and I bet I have lost a few pounds

* These chocolate twix bars (have you seen that recipe? crackers, boil brown sugar and butter, pour over, bake, top w/ chocolate chips) are DELICIOUS! MMM I think I will have 4 more. I think I deserve it, I walked down to the curb to get the trash can.

*I am so lucky to have a little girl! How fun to dress her up.

* What am I going to do with that little girl? I feel bad about it, but I think I will just pop in a Barney video for her to watch.

*Now I will get the mom of the year award, I am going to sit and play Candy Land with the kids. We will have such a fun, wholesome time.

* I am going absolutely crazy with this Candy Land game, we have been playing for 45 minutes and still no one is close to winning- if anyone whines or argues one more time, I am putting them all to bed.


*******************************************************

Isn't life crazy? Happy sad frustratingthrilling joyful.........but one thing I can say- in the midst of the craziness I always have peace. Peace that God is taking care of me, peace that no matter what happens here, I have an eternity in heaven to look forward to....life is a dot---afterlife is a long line. Thanks to GOD for peace. Without it I think I could not get out of bed in the morning.

Another thing? Thanks to God that His mercies are new every morning. Nights like tonight, when I look at the kids and think that I cannot take another moment of their fighting with each other....etc.....When they get up in the morning, I will be happy to see their little faces. It will be bright & fresh and the day full of possibilities. Thank You, Lord, for HOPE.....and peace. (and for early bedtimes :) :) :)

16 comments:

gailsgarden said...

I always thought God made nights especially for moms. You are always happy to see them the next morning, no matter what...

Laura said...

Oh my. I am laughing a this post!
How true this paradox is in my life too!

PRICELESS MEMORIES said...

This is cracking me up! Especially the candy land game thought! Whenever we play chutes and ladder someone is just about to win and then they land on the chute that takes them from the top all the way to the bottom. Ugh!

rabryan said...

:O) I think even keeled people are simply Chinese...they've learned to shove their thoughts and emotions behind the viewfinder...and you want to know what's even funnier? I've always thought you were even-keeled, especially those Sundays in jr church when the kids are at high energy level and I'm not. You always seem so calm.

thedomesticfringe said...

LOL! It sounds pretty normal to me, but that's scary in itself. (scary for you that is)

Keri said...

What a lovely post. Funny and thoughtful too. You know, it's comforting as a stay-at-home mom to hear other people have the same things going on with them! And to think I thought you were one of those even keel people!!

Jennifer said...

I agree with Monica, I thought you were "even keeled"! You make me feel so normal!

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

You make me laugh! Every mom who is HONEST feels like this most days. One minute I'm laughing with my kids, the next I want to yell at them. It's my human, sinful nature.

PS LOVE LOVE LOVE my button tree!

Stonefox (otherwise known as Heidi) said...

AMEN to that last one! This post cracked me up. Yeah, I can relate to the back and forth, ups and downs, but hearing it all like this was so funny!

Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. I love finding new blogs!

Sue said...

I'm not the only bipolar mom - yea! I think. My kids are all screaming and I just ran back to my room to catch my breath and regroup and checked out your blog. What good timing. Thanks for the timely encouragement.

Hamilton Houseful said...

For a minute I thought you were in MY head! I have the schizo thoughts in my head ALL the time! Keep up the good work, Sara! I'm sure you're doin' just fine!

ko said...

SO hilarious! SO ME! SO WOMEN! HA HA! God is so proud of you SARA! YOU ARE WONDERFUL! :) BLESS YOUR SWEET SWEET HILARIOUS COLORFUL SPIRIT!
kyley

Sandel said...

I am pretty sure we are all like that, just some of us will admit it (right?) or maybe I am crazy.

Pam said...

Hilarious. Rest assured, I am laughing with you, not at you. Glad to know I'm not the only one!

Marjorie said...

funny girl... I have those thoughts every day. And we all feel guilty for the bad ones, but we are all human. And I am thankful for HIS mercies every day!

Heavenbound Kim said...

thanks for your honesty, Sara ~ it has blessed and challenged my heart! ♥