Tuesday, December 16, 2008

:::::SNOW day:::::


No, no, it is not that we actually have snow on the ground- and it is not even that cold. We had a theme day about snow for school the other day. I love doing this sort of school day once in awhile- some people do these unit study things and get creative all the time. I do not have enough energy for that and rely very heavily on my curriculum and the team of teachers and writers who do the job for me. But once in awhile we leave the text books and workbooks and do some fun activities about a certain subject.

Google is always our friend and provided some very interesting photos of real snowflakes.
Link to First snowflakes to be photographed close-up.
These following pictures are of real snowflakes from snowcrystals.com


Gorgeous! And amazing that they can get photos of them!! Once I again, I have to say it, God is the ultimate artist!

9 comments:

Jane said...

I love the idea of these occasional fun days! We all need them. Next time you are at the library, check out the book Snowflake Bentley about the man who first photographed snowflakes.

Jennifer said...

we are making snowflakes Sunday in children's church

Keri said...

What a fun teacher you are! I love the homemade snowflakes.

Tammy said...

Wonderful idea! Love the homemade snowflakes.

BTW - I have to agree..."God is the ultimate artist!"

Laura D said...

I love the snowflakes! I'm sure you are a wonderful teacher. Homeschool could never be boring in such a colorful, artsy school house! I am amazed at those photographs. Isn't our God amazing!!

PRICELESS MEMORIES said...

I want to come to your house for school!

Chloe keeps asking me to home school her. I just think I would be a big mess. I wasn't called to be a teacher. You do a great job.

thedomesticfringe said...

Wow, it's hard to believe those are real snowflakes. They're amazing! Sounds like a fun school day.
-FringeGirl

ByHISgoodGrace said...

Sarah, This is great.
I love your snow study on the blackboard, that is great!

I think the occasional unit studies are the way to keep it fun!

Kim@ForeverWherever said...

The Snow Day idea was very cute! We homeschool our two boys and love it!