Thursday, December 4, 2008

Scientifically Proven- Today!


I have this theory- and I know I have bored you with the details before...but bear with me here. When I get up by 6:30 I feel so much better all day! I have more energy- I get more done, I am in a better frame of mind. Every time I get up early this happens!!!! Now if I get up earlier than 6:15, it doesn't work, I get tired after lunch and feel like taking a nap- BUT when I get up by 6:30- have devotions, get completely ready before the kids get up- and then for a bonus and I get on the treadmill after lunch, I feel like 100 bucks!!!! And can even stay up later....Late meaning 10:30pm instead of 9:30. We are not night owls.


This schedule has been messed up ever since Day Light Saving time and we "fell back". I have been sleeping til 7....reading the Bible frantically- having a much shorter prayer, throwing Dave's lunch together, slapping some make-up on--so I could be ready when the kids are up. (**side note, in my opinion, if you are homeschooling and you sleep in and then expect to get your quality time with the Lord, get dressed and ready for school without the kids climbing the walls- you are CRAZY!) (**Another side note- if you expect to homeschool in your pjs with your hair a wreck and looking like trash- you will feel like trash, and maybe even teach like trash) These are all of my soapboxes in one post!!!!!!


All that to say, I got up at 6:30, I feel great and I hope you do too.

Sorry for all of the I's in this post- but after all, this is my personal journal...I promise if I talk to you in real life, I will want to talk about YOU! So, really how about you, what time did you get up today!?!?!

11 comments:

PRICELESS MEMORIES said...

Oh I wish I had your determination. As I sit here dressed with no make-up and haven't brushed my hair. I woke up at 7:20. How lazy am I? Today is laundry day so I just figured laundry day and lazy day go hand in hand!

PRICELESS MEMORIES said...

P.S. Your Christmas decor looks so fun and colorful! :) Love it.

Rachel and Jacob said...

i got up around 11..... i f1el asleep around 3 last night...
ive got these terrible neck pain... goooodness once I get my kids i will switch over to early morning riser... i make my husbands lunch the night before and sleep in .. I love to make semi- fancy bento style lunches so I take my time....he gets ready better when theres no one else to bug him. yeah i think im kind of a bugger. hah.

rabryan said...

hehe...I think I'll just blog on this tomorrow...thanks for the idea, Sara!

Wendy said...

hmm 6:15 I think :) Love your cute Christmas decorations!

ko said...

ok...so where did you get that PRECIous owl ornament...I am making my mom an owl BASKET for christmas.....in fact can you do me a small owl painting....like for in her dressing area.....she has liek browns, cremes, maroons.....if not no biggie, but where did you get that owl ornament?? LET ME GUESS YOU MADE IT?

Jessie said...

Sara I believe the same! I am going back on schedule next Wednesday waking up at 6:30 that is when my sister and the girls move out! I need my time with God all alone in the morning and I need to also exercise and get dress for my day before the kids get up! Thank you for your entry!

Jessie

Sue said...

I think it was 6:40. At this point in my life, I still just get up whenever the babies get me up. This morning it was Henry yelling sing-songy, "Maaaaammmaaaaaaaaa..." incessantly. I would have to get up at 5:30 to beat them to the punch but then I couldn't stay up past 10:00 (like now) and I AM a nightowl - it's the only time I get a good chunk of time to get accomplish things.

The Metcalf family said...

I got up at 5:30 this morning...which I do every week day. And I feel MUCH better. I head to Curves and work out with my mom...come home and have oatmeal with my husband...and take a shower before he leaves for work. Unfortunately, my mornings are still hectic and crazy because my two year old is usually up at 7 and then the other two soon follow. I COMPLETELY agree on your theory about feeling better if your hair and make-up are done. So, even if we don't go anywhere I try and get everyone dressed and "put together" ASAP. :)

Kat said...

I loved this post, Sara. And you are too funny with the homeschooling comment...about messy hair and feeling like trash, teaching like trash (so true!).

Thank you for sharing this...It was an encouragement for me from the Lord...something He has been gently proding me to do: Get up before the kids and be prepared for the day.

long time reader, less frequent commenter :), kat

thedomesticfringe said...

At the risk of sounding like a lazy slob, I get up at 7am. It gives me plenty of time to get the kids off to school and I'm NOT a morning person. I do, however, stay up till 12 or sometimes later. So, I make up for being a slouch in the morning by staying up late. :)

Your house looks great!