Monday, December 1, 2008

Visuals that help the kids keep JESUS as the focus of the Christmas season

Special books about Baby Jesus, taken out only for December. Thanks to both sets of Grandparents, we have quit a few. The kids LOVE when we unpack these each year.

Little nativity sets put out at kid level with the instruction that they can play with it, but not remove it from the table.

Another Baby Jesus strategically placed in the line of sight.



This nativity set is on the kitchen table for the kids to play with.


11 comments:

Becky R said...

Love the Nativities! It is a challenge to keep Jesus first. Keep up the good work as a mama.

Jessie said...

Love the ideas !! I try to keep the focus on Jesus also!!

thedomesticfringe said...

I like the idea of the nativity they can play with, but not remove from the table...smart!

ko said...

Precious SARA!! :)
kyley

ko said...

hey check it out...i added something special to my blog in honor of you! :)
hahahahahaha
kyley

Jes said...

AWESOME!
that's like our house. we have a donkey missing here and an angel missing there, but the fact that they narrate their own True Christmas story just about everyday makes it totally worth it. :)

Lisa said...

I love all your little nativity sets. Wish I had them when my kids were small.

Christina Joy said...

LOVE all the nativities! Can you publish a list of your Christmas books? We are always looking for new titles, and I don't recognize some in your pics!

Lacy said...

Great reminders and how fun to make a home full of child like teachings!:)

Angela Monique Brewer said...

We also have the little clay pot nativity set..wonder where the idea came from?! Did you get it from your mom or did she get it from you?

Mrs. E said...

That's it; thank you so much. My little guy always plays with the "good" nativity set, this would be great for him. Thank you! You have more votes...you'll win. Plus, after I posted, I realized that I got the idea from Ali Edward's blog, who in turn got it from Martha Stewart. I don't think a MS craft will win. Oh well, fun anyhow.