Monday, November 24, 2008

sweet, SWEET Tomato Redish-Orange (before & after hall pictures)

BEFORE


I have been DYING to paint this hallway. So when my mom encouraged me with the fact that she could help- we did it!!! The color comes from Anita's dining room. What color could be wrong with the name like Sweet Tomatoes?!?!?!?!! LOVE the color. Thanks for your genius, Anita.

The gray pics show the tinted primer that I was advised to get. We only had to do 2 coats of the sw. tomato. The gray primer helped a lot, and I would highly recommend it for a color like this.

I am so grateful and thankful for my mom and her help. I honestly am thankful and love the COZINESS of our living room now. But when I look at these pictures all I can think is, "look at that awful white wall in the kitchen that needs to be painted!!!!" (I know I am a complete ingrate...)

Align Center



AFTER

These frames are empty now, but will slowly get filled again when we get Christmas photos and cards in the mail.


The orange and red together?!?!?! I could just eat it, it looks so pretty!!!!!!!!




18 comments:

Jes said...

GORGEOUS!
DELICIOUS!

...when can i come over? ;)

chrissie grace said...

I love it! I want to come over and hang out:)
xo,
Chrissie

Rachel and Jacob said...

cozy cozy home! love it!

ko said...

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVEIT! THAT IS MY FAVORITE! I WANNA LIVE THERE!!!! :) YOU ARE SO COOL!!!! :)

Dana D said...

It is fabulous! I LOVE COLOR! And it's going to be beautiful with Christmas decorations.

Laura D said...

The more I see of your home, the more I am amazed at your creativity and ability to make colors come alive. Love it! Also I've not see that black and white lamp before. Is that a new creation of yours or did you make it. I'd love to have one of my own!!

Tracey said...

Looks great!!

Jennifer said...

looks good....my house looks pretty bland next to yours!!!

mrs.pabody said...

IT'S GLORIOUS!! :D

Sarah said...

Your house looks SO colorful and fun and joyful. Makes me want to come over and i don't even know you irl. The color is great!!

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

Rich says that you ARE INSANE! I say that it's spectacularly Engelbreitish!!! I really do LOVE it and want to just come play at your house. I'm buying you a carousel horse to put in the middle of your living room:) You can paint it to match.

thedomesticfringe said...

I think I may have discovered the cure for depression...send people to live in your house. How can you not be happy with a decor like that?

Looks great!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Oh I love it! It IS delicious!

heather said...

how fun! it looks much more like you now! love it! you know i've been spending too much time on your blog when i'm shopping at tjmaxx homegoods last night and i see something and think "ooo, sara would like that!"
too funny! :)

Stephanie said...

Zachary says that you have a very nice house indeed. ;)

Keri said...

As always - I love it!!

Gretchen said...

I totally know what you mean by "I could just eat it"! I feel the same? What is so delicious about color? Does it make us think about juicyness? My mouth is watering over a wall! :) Looks great.

Jerri Dalrymple said...

Hi! I was led to your blog, and this particular post, to see the "tomatoe reddish-orange" color while looking for a color to go with the yellow I had just painted one wall in my living room. That being said, I LOVE your blog!!! I thought it was funny that I've been hanging onto this old window pane to hang up after I was done painting, and then I saw yours...awesome! Anyway...so the last couple of days I FINALLY got around to painting. I had to use a primer first....white primer. Then put 3 coats of paint on. Now that I come back to your post, I think I know why my walls look a little more orangy than yours...did you use a dark primer? (I'm new to interior painting and didn't know there were diff. primers.) That would give it more red. Also, next to your small orange wall, it's going to look more red, whereas my wall is next to a somewhat pale yellow wall. I'll post pics on my blog when we get some of the trim back up, etc. I'll try to remember to come back here and leave a link so you can see what you inspired!!!
:0)