Friday, November 28, 2008

Now on to **Christmas***

Mom stuffing the bird.

Hoping that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We have SO SO SO much to be thankful for. I am thanking the Lord today for His faithfulness and Love for us.

*********


Looking through old pictures, thought I would pull out some pics from Christmas past. Those wrapped gifts are from last year- guess we were still in the same red&white and black&white mindset. We put up the tree today and I have NO shopping done yet!!!!!!!! That is what December is for, right?!?!

Have you seen this movie yet? We pulled it out and watched it the other day already. A great movie.

My mom left today. We had such a nice time with her and will miss her, but I know Dad will be very glad to have her back home. In honor of her, here is a photo of her kitchen in all of it's red&green glory.

and just to get in the Christmas mood here is a little treat to try:
Thin Mints
1 sleeve Ritz crackers (35)
1 pkg Bakers semi-sweet chocolate squares (8 squares)
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
crushed candy cane

melt chocolate, mix in extract, dip in crackers, scrape off access- place on wax paper...top with crushed candy. Chill.
*****************************************************

CUTE STUFF:
1. Stockings out of old sweaters by Alicia Paulson
2.Felt ornaments by Wishes & Heros
3.Paper Chain as seen at the Cottage Nest
4.Felt garland by Anna Maria Horner

5 comments:

Jes said...

your tree and gifts look sooooo beautiful!
glad you had such a nice time with your mom. :)
and thanks for all the great ideas!

ko said...

WOW! GREAT IDEAS! :) I love the paper chain :) I love your moms kitchen! :) SO SO SO SO SO SO COOL...oh now we so know where you got it from!! haha

Tracey said...

The recipe sounds yummy! I'll have to try it!

helan said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Barbara

http://www.ipodepot.info

thedomesticfringe said...

Your gifts are completely awesome! I love your mom's transferware (if that's what it is) dishes. Her shelves look beautiful!