Sunday, November 9, 2008

My Husband Loves Me

Dave got some bonus points at work for selling a certain amount. You can look in a special catalogue and pick out things until you use up the points. Dave could have picked a Swiss Army watch or some power tools or some gourmet chocolate- but he didn't. He let me pick!!!!!!!! What a guy. I really tried to pick things that we needed. Everyone needs a Panini maker, right!?!?

We got a whole set of Rachael Ray pots and pans . Here are only two- but we got the whole set!!! I am so spoiled.

Here it is! The panini maker! It is SOOOOOOO heavy- now we have a weapon- take another step and we will lob the panini maker at you!

Here's what you do; you make a sandwich with cheese and meat, or whatever you want, brush the top and bottom of the sandwich with olive oil, put it in the pan and press on the cover. It will grill and toast the sandwich and voila- you have a panini! I probably should try it out before I sing the praises......

This- I love it, it is a really large skillet that we can make many pancakes on, or pizza, and probably other stuff too. It is made for/by Mario Batali and is also very heavy. I wanted to get a rack and hang this stuff from the ceiling, but am way too paranoid and think that they would fall on our heads.

With the Mario B cookware we got some recipe booklets. It is so interesting to read how he makes pizza. I cannot wait to try it. He puts this skillet on the stove top and cooks the flattened pizza dough on there for a few minutes each side. Then you put on the toppings, make sure to put on some fresh basil and drizzle with olive oil and put it in the oven under the broiler. This sounds so good.


And here is a picture of our poor shabby skillet that we have used for 9 1/2 years. So now you see why we needed all of the beautiful, shiny, orange cookware :) Thanks, Dave! I will make you lots of good food :)

Just another little word about Dave. I had been sick this weekend. Fever- aches-headache. Thanks to the Lord that I am feeling SOOOO much better. Dave took care of everything on Saturday; the groceries, the dishes, preparing the many snacks and meals that we all require. I did not even make a peep when he gave the kids cereal and pringles for lunch :)!!

I am spoiled rotten, and I know it.

11 comments:

PRICELESS MEMORIES said...

The orange color pots and pans are perfect for you! What a great choice.
I have often thought a panini maker would be great to have.
What a sweet, sweet hubby to let you pick and to also take such good care of you and your kiddos while you were sick.
Feel better soon.

Keri said...

Not only new pots and pans - but colorful ones at that! Love them and they suit you. Glad you are feeling better and your sickness was short-lived.

texasknights said...

I love the orange pots and pans! I know your are thrilled. I would be tickled (orange, not pink). :)

Monica said...

That sad skillet cracks me up...because it looks like ours! We just got a huge credit at JC Penneys and I was eyeing the same Rachael Ray cookware set! Too funny...

Pam said...

COOL BEANS! You know what a sucker I am for kitchen stuff. And it is ORANGE too!

Sarah said...

Oooh, I love the Rachel Ray stuff!!! How very fun to pick it out! Please eat a panini for me....I love those things.
You have a very sweet hubby--isn't it fun to see them come through in hard times? :-)

thedomesticfringe said...

Great set of pots and pans. Your hubby is so sweet to let you pick! I have a panini pan too and I LOVE it!

Lacy said...

Those are so cool. My pans look just like you bottom one...9 1/2 years also. I hope I have some new ones under my moms Christmas tree.

Jennifer said...

yes, you are spoiled (ha ha). I use the same pan too....i like it...things don't stick like the new cookware does.

Dana D said...

The new cookware is BEAUTIFUL!!! And I do believe that Dave is a keeper, cereal & pringles and all!

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

Rich is coming to work with Dave because I want a panini maker and that pizza pan:)