Friday, November 14, 2008

::Food ** FOOD ** Food::

Trying to take a picture each night for a week....all we got were 4 meals. Don't know what happened the other nights....once I know we ate KFC. Anyway here is BBQ on a baked potato at Dave's request. This is Lloyd's Beef BBQ from the refrigerated section. Plus sweet potato that I baked in the oven while the regular potatoes where baking. I was excited about the sweet potato and thought we were being really healthy......and nobody liked it. Oh well, eat it anyway rascals!


Muffuletta. Ever heard of it? The recipe was in our newspaper. It is a sandwich originating from New Orleans. Mostly ham, pastrami, pepperoni, olive oil, cheese, more cheese, and an olive mixture.
One of my very few healthy meals- kidney beans & tomato sauce with seasoning, brown rice and marinated cukes

This picture makes the food look unappetizing but this stuff is some of our favorite comfort food. Fettuccine Alla Carbonara. Basically noodles with a white sauce (milk, egg, Parmesan, pepper) and bacon. With limas. I didn't eat limas until I got married to Dave. He likes them and now I do too.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Things I can't live without in the kitchen:

1. Cooking with real butter

2. Bakers chocolate squares for melting and cooking
3. Tropicana Orange Juice
4. Romaine with Newman's Own Olive Oil & Vinegar dressing


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EASY Oven STEW (I grew up on this comfort food)

stew meat
potatoes
carrots
tomato sauce (enough to coat everything)
1 T. sugar
3 T. minit tapioca (thickens)
onions (or onion pwdr)

Throw it all in the slow cooker for the day.

What is your comfort food?

9 comments:

Pam said...

Anything chocolate, microwave smores, mac-n-cheese, meatloaf, fish sticks, peanut butter and mint jelly sandwiches, tuna on crackers, sardines on crackers...

I know some of those things sound disgusting, and I STILL get made fun of for my green jelly. What can I say? Those things remind me of Mom!

Dee Light said...

Stew is up at the top of the list, home made chicken and noodles, chili, warm cookies...

I love your blog. The perfect combination of food craft and family. So bright and cheery too!!

Keri said...

Anything my Mom cooks - her lasagna, fudge and especially her roast. Why is it Mom's cooking is always the best?

The Metcalf family said...

Comfort food for me...Campbells tomato soup and grilled cheese.

Those "muff-whatever" sandwiches looked delicious! :)

Jennifer Anderson said...

In the winter when I'm cold I love soups - corn chowder, potato sausage soup, fresh cream of mushroom soup, thick chili.... Soup!! Oh, and baked goods like fresh cinnamon rolls and homemade bread.
Your food looks yummy!
Jennifer

Lisa said...

Your meals and plates look so colorful and inviting. My comfort foods include noodles with alfredo sauce and cinnamon rolls (Doughboy, of course!).

Donette said...

Definately soups, like chili and cheesey potato. I love this idea - I might steal it for my own blog!

By the way, how many different plates do you have? :) I love them!

thedomesticfringe said...

I can't live without real butter either! Margarine just doesn't measure up.

Sarah said...

Mashed potatoes!!! And my enchiladas...
Actually there are too many comforting foods to me--I will just stick with those two. :-)