Thursday, October 2, 2008

Pumpkin Painted T-shirts

We found some old t-shirts that had some paint stains already on them. Seriously we have many articles of clothing with paint stains on them.....who wants to stop and get an apron when the the creative juices are flowing?! Luckily they were shirts in fall colors! We just used regular acrylic paint. I am sure it would work MUCH better with fabric paint.

Acrylic paint is harder to paint on fabric, but it stays on just as well. I have acrylic stains on clothing and it never comes out in the wash-- ever.


The black writing is done with fabric paint


The boys are not quite finished with theirs- we needed to let them dry a bit more so they will be able to add more details.

Ready for the Punkin Patch

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

cute...i want one!!

Candace said...

Those are so cute Sara!!!

PRICELESS MEMORIES said...

Super cute! I was just talking to my sister for ideas on making some cute pumpkin shirts. I will have to try this.

Jen said...

are you still making those coffee cups?

gailsgarden said...

Sooooooo cute!

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

I'm sending my kids right over for their art class:) I'm scared of paint. I'm REALLY scared of paint on clothes- you inspire me to get bold and think outside this box I've placed myself in. Now, what around here can I paint?

Chrissie Grace said...

ok, I posted a picture of my daughter in her pumpkin patch outfit too! But ours is store-bought, not original like y'alls!
Very cute. I posted some pictures of our pumpkins that we painted...
I got your email and I'm so excited! I will keep you posted, but it is a slow process...
xo,
Chrissie

Stephanie said...

Love the pumpkin shirts! I want to make one!!! Can I come play at your house, you do the coolest stuff.

Sarah said...

What an adorable idea! I love anything pumpkin. :-)

And I love the little one's socks--we have the same ones (3 pairs for $.99 at C. Place!)

***Star*Spangled*Eyes*** said...

my favorite is the first one. I love the text on that one. Great fun.