Sunday, September 21, 2008

Another New Favorite Artist: Chrissie Grace


I can't remember who found who's blog first- but a few months ago Chrissie and I met each other, and I am so glad I did! I love her art! The whimsy,color &spirit are so inspiring. I would love to meet Chrissie in real life, I think we would have so much in common. She homeschools her kids and blogs about the struggles of juggling all of the mothering and all of the crafting. I knew we were kindred spirits when she posted a picture of a huge pile of laundry needing to be folded :)

She came up with the idea to make a trade- so she got one of my prints and I got this She Needs Color to Survive print. And her cute little bird cards are quickly becoming a collection of mine!



Chrissie Grace has written 2 books, her first, Wild Tiles, and her second has just come off the presses, Tiles Gone Wild. As you can see here, she does beautiful mosaic work.


Cute idea

Adorable, she even let her son help with the polka-dots.

Cute added extras- stitching and beads


Here is my own private collection of Chrissie Grace originals! The 'girl who needs color' loves her new home on my black wall.

This picture showcases 3 favorite artists; Chrissie Grace, Jes (KadyHope....the buttons and bags), and also another new find; Andrew Daniel. He did the swirly pink and orange painting (the small card) and below- the flower next to Chrissie's bird.

See Chrissie's etsy store #1, and etsy store #2. Andrew Daniel's art can be found here.

Thanks for letting me borrow these pictures, Chrissie! You are an inspiration!

6 comments:

Lacy said...

Hey Sara-It has been a while...Ike had me in a tizzy, but glad to be catching up on your blog. Chrissie has a great God given talent as you do. Love how you displayed her art. Hope your homeschooling and week goes well.

hazel said...

Wonderful! How great is Etsy? I don't know how I survived without it!

Angela Monique Brewer said...

I LOVE the black and white table and chairs!

Jana said...

Hey Sara- I love the black wall. Where in your house is it? I think that is such a cool idea!

I can't wait to see the paintings!!!! I am getting so excited!

Gretchen said...

I LOVE Chrissy's bird cards -- especially the owl one! Owls are my favorite!!!

***Star*Spangled*Eyes*** said...

I adore this woman's stuff. It's awesome. I love the painting on your black wall. Such creativity.