Thursday, July 24, 2008

Winner...

Matt & Liz! You are the winner- thanks for leaving a comment! Let me know which cards you like and your address (email me- saramincy@gmail.com)

I am sorry, I was too lazy to video tape the drawing this time....but I promise you, I did not cheat. I put all the #'s in a hat and drew the #10. They were the 10th comment.

About the chalkboard paint. You all are very kind in thinking you would paint this for your children- I am not sure about that. I just want to try it b/c it would be so cute to label- if I have hooks on the wall, I could put the kids names above it- or draw little doodles that go with the decor, etc. **Or Bible verses. I would probably not want the kids scribbling on it all day. But for an older child's room, maybe. My kids already have a chalkboard in the playroom, anyway.

I saw this on the crafty crow (I think). An art centerpiece. This is on the counter where the boys sit for lunch and snacks. They love it. It looks so colorful and inspiring. The Lazy Susan makes it easy to twirl around pick your colors, and spin it back for your brother to get what he needs. They only fight minimally when they use this :)

Changing a few things around. I never heard back from the girl who was interested in buying this painting on the right- so I found a place for it. Now I don't know how we could have lived with that space empty. It matches nicely with my rug.

Thanks for all of the great comments and ideas about chalkboard paint!!! It was good to "meet" some new friends!!!!

4 comments:

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

Did you make that rug?! It matches perfectly with that painting!! I really need to get into some latch-hooking. Too bad I have ADHD:(

ko said...

I wish I could have all of those colors in my casa! :) Your house looks AWESOME! I am a rainbow fanatic! ABSOLUTELY!

ko said...

I GOT IT! I LOVE IT! YOU ROCK! YOU ROCK! YOU ROCK! I POSTED IT ON MY BLOG! OH WAIT..DID I SAY YOU ROCKED..WELL, IF I DIDNT...YOU DO!
THANKS SO MUCH!

Lisa (Morning Rose) said...

An art centerpiece is a great idea! I may have to try it, so the kids don't have to dig through the cabinet every time they need a pencil or other supply.