Monday, May 5, 2008

Yard Sale **Edited**

We had a yard sale on Saturday and got rid of a pile of junk. At about 11am (after being out there since 6) we decided to call it quits. We put the leftovers down at the mailbox with a "free" sign and LOOK- we had people stopping and loading it up! We were so happy!! We had such fun watching from our windows as the people came, dug through the junk, and drove away with it! I don't know why it was so funny to us, because we would do the same....and we have some family members who are very famous for picking up other people's trash (my parents and Barb come to mind immediately).



They stop....


they browse....


Oooh, these guys brought a moving van!!!


Hey, they are even taking the old broken curtain rods!!! Yah!

**EDIT** I guess you all just wanted to know the bottom line- we made $140.00. We sold a TON- but I gave really good deals- .25 cents for almost everything- or $1.00 for a bag full. I just wanted to move it, and plus, I shop yard sales myself- nothing is as crazy as someone telling you they want $5.00 for a shirt at a yard sale.

9 comments:

tacky said...

Yah...but did you make any money before the free for all?! hee hee

Jennifer said...

how much money did you make?

Sarah said...

That's pretty funny. I've bene known to pick a trash pile or two. I wonder if there are pictures of me doing so on the internet?

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

i am ALL for stopping! see a gem... BRAKE! :)

garage sales / yard sales are HARD work!!!

Morning Rose said...

Looks like you had fun! On Thursday, the first day of our garage sale, we had two men in a moving van stop by (they bought a bike). Later, an elderly couple in a large van bought a bike and our couch. Our neighbors still have a Little Tikes toddler desk sitting out at the curb. I'm surprised no one's picked it up yet!

texasknights said...

That is too funny. I would have found that to be entertaining as well. Nothing speaks louder than FREE!

4kids&luvit said...

THANK YOU for proving that I'm not insane because I expect yard sales to be cheap. Last time I went out, some lady wanted $10 for a used crockpot! Everything she was selling was priced $5 or higher. Wonder if she sold anything?
I think it's hilarious you took pics of the people digging through your junk pile:)

Donette said...

I'm with you! I've always said that if I was going to do a yard sale, then I would price stuff cheap! Why go through all the work and then not sell anything?

I went to some garage sales on Friday and some lady wanted $2 for a stained tshirt. C'mon now! I'm all about $.50 or less.

Fee said...

You did quite well then! Good on you!

So what did you buy with your moola(money)?