Monday, May 12, 2008

Trip to the Beach


My husband gave me a great Mother's Day gift when he said he would watch the kids for 2 days and a night. I got to go be with my friend Judy (who lives in Canada, and who I rarely get to see). We shopped and shopped (like old times...), ate, laughed, talked, and yes, we did get to the beach for a very short wade in the water :)


Our bags full of bargains from the Children's Place Outlet



We did share this, in case you wanted to know...



why did we find this flip-flop so funny??? I will never know, but we laughed....



view from the balcony of the condo


Children's Place .99 cent bargains


My favorite purchase?? This Bible study by Beth Moore.

I have always heard so much about her and have never done one of her studies. So I started this morning and love it. I love having a guide for my devotions. As much as I like searching the scriptures randomly, or through the Bible in a year, having a guided study is really nice. She tells you what passage to read (not too much), then has you answer questions about the passage, and then has a deeper synopsis and explanation to read. She'll also add ways to personalize the passage.


For example; today's lesson was on the passage in I Samuel 16, where Samuel was meeting Jesse's family and looking for the next king. All of the older (taller, smarter?) brothers were thought to be chosen, but no, it was David- the smallest and youngest. I have heard this story so many times, but loved the questions to think about....when do I judge by outward appearances??? (ummm way too much, all the time...), God looks on your heart- a good reminder.

Just a little example of where this study starts...I am excited about what is in store.

I wanted to find a dress for me...no luck there, but I did find one for the youngest.


So a HUGE THANK YOU to my sweet husband who let me abandon him for the weekend. He took good care of the kids AND kept the house looking good for when I got home (dishes done and all). You are the BEST, Darlin, and I certainly do not deserve you. ***Just a funny little story to remind me that, yes, I am needed.....Dave told me that he didn't notice until he was sitting down at church that he was wearing his black suit coat and his navy blue pants!!!!***** See that made me feel good because he was telling me that he got everyone up early on Sunday morning and they got to church in plenty of time, etc.....

Did anyone notice the blue pants and the black jacket???

Thank you also to Judy and her sweet family who took me in as one of their own and fed me delicious pork chops and to die for Krispy Kreme donuts. Judy made me laugh and the trips down memory lane were precious.

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

I didn't notice. Glad you could get out. I also have that book and am working on it! It is EXCELLENT!!!!

Morning Rose said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic Mother's Day! Isn't it funny how some time away from the kids is just what we need for Mother's Day? :)

rabryan said...

No, I didn't notice Dave's outfit, either. But he did seem a lot more stressed than usual.

Jana said...

What a sweet surprise from your husband. Love the tights. Why don't they make those in my size?

Angela Monique Brewer said...

MMM..Ruby Tuesday's! Don't you just love their avacado ranch salad dressing...it's the best:)

4kids&luvit said...

A HEART LIKE HIS is probably my favorite Beth Moore study! You'll LOVE it!! Ok, you sound like you have my sense of humor...I try hats on everywhere I go and I LOVE the giant flip-flop! Oh, and I didn't notice Dave's suit at all...

Sarah said...

1) Bought the same green socks at Children's Place....aren't they so fun, and the price couldn't be beat!

2) I have been wanting to do a Beth Moore study--you have inspired me to go out and buy one as soon as we settle down from our (2nd) move!

3) Can you find out if you can get that "home" picture made into postcards? I would love to send them out as "new address" cards! Thanks. :-)

4) Yay for mommy weekends. I am thinking of asking for one soon. :-) I will just say, "Well Dave did it for his wife......"

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

too much fun... that looks like one of those trip that the smiles never stop!

yeah for hubby... how cool was that!

Sarah said...

Looks like fun. LOVE those tights!

Gretchen said...

You got Beth Moore! You must have been in a Lifeway. I would DIE of happiness if you walked into MY store. So fun!

Glad you got a fun get away. Your hubby is so great.