Monday, May 19, 2008

Impromtu Strawberry Party

Are your kids always up for a party too? I imagine they are- life is a party when you are a kid! One good thing about homeschooling- we can turn anything into an "educational" activity. Strawberry picking?? FIELDTRIP. Cut strawberries, whip cream, bake biscuits, make home made ice cream??? HOME EC. Decorate the table, draw strawberries, make a party sign for the door?? ART. Eat strawberry shortcake, ice cream and strawberry lemonade?? AFTER SCHOOL PARTY!

The boys picked this lovely bouquet for the table


And this is how we made the ice cream. In our ice cream ball from L.L.Bean. This is Dave's thing. You just sit on the floor and roll the ball around (back and forth to the kids) for 20 minutes, and the cream inside (surrounded by ice and salt) turns into yummy ice cream. Magic!

9 comments:

Morning Rose said...

Wow, that ice cream ball looks like lots of fun! My kids would love that. You're making me very hungry for strawberries!

gailsgarden said...

That ball sounds like a good idea! Your party looked like fun! Sorry we had to miss it!

Laura D said...

Love the ice cream ball. I think we need one of those! I remember having parties in our "school" at home too. Those make for great memories! I still remember the fun things we did on "hillarious homeschool days" even though I've been away from it almost a decade!

Jennifer said...

I have never heard of such a thing...pretty cool!

tacky said...

Fun fun fun!!! Uncle Dwight bought our family this and it is great fun...we even do it inside the house! I need to do a little party just for us...thanks for yet another fun idea! Love to all, Kari

Rachel and Jacob said...

FUN and a super cute table setting!!

Laura said...

Yummmm. I LOVE fresh strawberries!

4kids&luvit said...

My dad LOVES homemade icecream, so I've been looking at the ice cream ball for a couple of years as a neat gift for him. I've been hesistant to buy it but since you seem to like it so well...maybe that's what I'll get him for Father's day.

Sarah said...

So fun! I love the picture of the table.