Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Update on the Lamp, and other unfinished projects

Thanks so much, all 14 of you who gave your cotton picking opinion on the lamp. I can see you are all on Dave's side....no, I am not bitter...after all I did ask...:)

Seriously, tho...I do agree, a nice pom-pom trim would look nice. But for now, we are happy with this and it is much better than the blue gingham (and whoever gave us that beautiful blue gingham shade for a wedding present- thank you from the bottom of our hearts).

The dresser....


The dresser is not yet finished either. The orange polka-dots aren't done, and I am not sure if I like them on there, or maybe just paint over them to have plain peach again.

Our bedroom is still the same, I plan on taking all of the picture frames outside tomorrow to spray paint black, so that will be some accomplishment.

At least I know there is always a project just waiting to be done, if I ever get bored. Does anyone else start 5 or 6 projects and not finish??

10 comments:

4kids&luvit said...

You are brilliant. I LIKE the polka dots on the dresser. I REALLY like the green paisley shown in the last picture. What is it? Did you paint that or is it wallpaper? I want some:)

rabryan said...

5,6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11....Bobby says I like to start projects. I think it exasperates him slightly. I think it's safe to say almost all my projects are "on-going." ;O)

Jana said...

OK, I love everything you do, but the 10 commandments is my all-time favorite! So cool! I love the size of it.
If you could just come to my house with your paint brush, I would be so happy!

Sarah said...

I love the dresser. Gracie's is painted a funky, very you green and I keep wondering if I could put polka dots or flowers or something on it without making a huge mess.

WendyJanelle said...

Love the dresser.

5 projects? How about 20 or so. But I can do whatever I'm in the mood for now. :-) And my husband enjoys it, because I leave him to pursue his hobbies at the same time! Win, win.
We're coming together on our hobbies to complete the playset, so we may need some prayer.

gailsgarden said...

Dad says the mirror needs peach colored poka dots on it. We both like everything but agree the mirror needs something to break up the solid color! Oh! Didn't you ask???!!

Stephanie said...

Keep the dots!

Morning Rose said...

I really like the lamp the way that it is. Yes, it seems us moms always have multiple projects going on, though none of mine are artsy. :)

Pop Pop & Granna said...

Sarah --

The dresser is adorable -- I wouldn't have thought of it on my own, but I think your Mom and Dad are right about the mirror.

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

You just spoke my language! I have so many projects going right now... all the time! Are we nuts!?!? It IS fun! To FINISH one... oh the feeling! :)

Dresser looks great! LOVE that paper inside the drawer... need to look back... I think you mentioned where you found that awesome paper!

Here's to having some fun! Painting... and OH finishing a project! :) XOXO