Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Scripture


Working on more stuff for the Etsy shop....although things have been moving pretty slowly over there. Two things sold, so we will be thankful for that. It seems like my niche is becoming the custom work department. Which is fine, I like painting for other people. But there are times when I just want to paint a certain verse, or pattern of my own choosing. The only problem with this is that my walls are already filled to overflowing with my art. But we will try Etsy a little longer and see how it goes. If things don't sell, maybe you all will get outdated paintings for your Birthdays :)

We can say that this one was inspired by Gigi- who gave me a bunch of her fabric scraps. Thanks again Gigi :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the way you have made art with so many scripture verses! What a great way to be reminded of eternal truth everyday!
We have never met, but I knew Dave in college. I was a few years behind him, but also a music major. Dave's dad and mine have been friends for a long time. I found out about your art when he first posted about it on Mincy media. I have enjoyed looking at your blog ever since!
Jennifer Anderson

rabryan said...

Sara, something that might help you in your Etsy store...try placing the painting you're going to sell on either a solid white or solid black sheet or board before photographing it. That way it's clear what the painting is and you're not getting diverse colors from paintings behind it. Just food for thought.

Sarah said...

Very fun.

I yhink the etsy thing takes a while. I'd put your blog info in your profile so that prople can see more of your stuff and possibly go to Dave's site and buy your prints.