Saturday, April 5, 2008

Retail Therapy

Remember the money that I was earning and saving to buy the couch??? Wellllllllll, I sort of needed the retail therapy today in a big way....the baby was throwing up all night and I had no sleep- so guess what I did- SHOP :) Target has a way of calming my jangled nerves.

I do feel OK about spending the money, tho- because I bought things that we really needed. It seems that after 8 1/2 years of marriage, everything has decided to fall apart (the small appliances, etc, not the marriage!). Our blender had started leaking from the bottom, and our kitchen CD player is dying.

The fun I had at Target is indescribable :) Thanks to Dave for watching the kids. I came home rejuvenated and ready to heat up the leftovers for supper. I got a CD player that attaches to the bottom of the cupboard to free up my counter space, and the blender that blends so amazingly fast. I am so thankful for these luxuries.

Oh and the towels I found for our bathroom! I can't wait to take a shower!
SO this is a big THANK YOU to all of my faithful and sweet customers who made this wonderful day possible for me!!!

9 comments:

Rachel and Jacob said...

OoooO the towels are great :)

gailsgarden said...

The towels were made for your BR!!! I am glad you escaped for awhile!

Sarah said...

Sometimes a little retail therapy is just what the doctor ordered! Glad you got to have a little alone time.

I hopr to contribute to the fund soon! I really want the home prints!

WendyJanelle said...

Love the towels!
The cd player that attaches to the cupboards sounds great!!

Hope the kids are all well soon!

Jennifer said...

I was waiting to see what you bought!!

4kids&luvit said...

There is NOTHING like shopping at Target...or TJ Maxx...or Kohls...or Ross...buying stuff for the home just makes my day!

Hey, we've been married 8 1/2 years too! Looking forward to getting to know you better through your blog and church!

4kids&luvit said...

Oh and I have another blog scalingnewheights.com - I wrote about "Safely Home" on it not too long ago! Just read it this year- LOVED it!

S&s said...

ooooh. LOVE the towels. And I also have to say how much you are going to love your under-the-cabinet CD/radio. I love mine to pieces. ;)

Sue said...

Okay, I was just telling sBk that I was a having a problem with my comments and I don't seem mine here either. As I was reading the other comments I noticed mine was not there. I'm sorry if you don't get my bazillion comments! I read your blog all the time.

I think I originally said something like, "How funny that a little shopping can be rejuvenating. I get out alone to go grocery shopping and feel the same."

Also, I love the towels too. My first thought was that they were your new couch cushions!