Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Happy April Fool's Day!!


The "shamburgers" turned out cute and yummy. You dip the top cookie in warm jelly and sprinkle with sesame seeds, the peppermint patty is the burger, icing for the mustard and ketchup, green coconut for the lettuce, and Nilla water buns. The kids loved them. They love everything about this "holiday" and have been fooling me all day (paper stuffed in our shoes, pretending to flush certain items down the toilet...)
The "strawberry pie" (shepherds pie with beets whipped into the mashed potatoes) maybe not as cute as the hamburgers, but effective nonetheless! Dave was surprised.


thanks for the pose darlin :)

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness. Way to stinking cute!

gailsgarden said...

The photo of Dave was GREAT!!! Was it posed? I will have to make the hamburgers for children's church this week! So cute!

Jennifer said...

cute!

Laura D said...

My mom decided to try some April Fool's food as well. (I mentioned it to her after reading your blog!) She made the "strawberry pie, grilled cheese, and fries." She said my Dad and younger sister loved the surprise... too bad she lives in Colorado and I wasn't able to actually see her meal. Thanks for the ideas. I'll have to try something next year!
P.S. Loved your pictures!

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

will you be my mom too? how fun is that! you blow my mind!

Katie & the boys said...

I love it! What a great job you did. And that ain't no foolin'

Pam 'oh Da Woods said...

Hi,
I just found your site...and I love all the color!!! great read!
I'm bookmarking it!
Pam 'Oh Da Woods
http://dawoods12.blogspot.com