Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The 10 Commandments Will Be Hanging in This School!

So our school room also can be used as a kitchen...and our school is not limited to this room...but here they are. The ten commandments.

This is one of those "accidental paintings," where I had tried something first, only to paint over it about 3 times. When we get to that point, I know that I cannot sell anything that goes on this canvas. So I get to keep it and search for a part of a wall that is not already covered.

I pray that the kids will be able to remember these commandments even better as they see them on the wall everyday- and as they grow that they will seek to obey them. But also, in a special way realize God's forgiveness,love&mercy, when we have broken a command.



14 comments:

S&s said...

I love it! This HAS to be one of my favorite things that you have done!

gailsgarden said...

WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!!

Dana D said...

Oh, but you can- you can sell that painting- no matter how many layers of paint are beneath! (I'd be in line to buy it!) It's gorgeous! My favorite so far! You are such a talented artist!

Morning Rose said...

That's a great idea to put the 10 commandments up in your house, and on such a nice background too.

Monica said...

?! I would have never guessed you had painted over that several times, and I bet you could sell it! I think it's great!

4kids&luvit said...

I LOVE it! What a great reminder for the kids AND adults who walk in your house! You are so talented. As soon as I can, I have something I'd like to commission you to paint for me:) If you're willing of course!

Rachel and Jacob said...

like everyone seems to be saying! lovely and creative!!

you are an inspiration!

mrs.pabody said...

This is incredible!!!! I wish I had as much creativity as is in your pinky finger, Sara Mincy!!!

Sarah said...

Very fun!

WendyJanelle said...

Oh, yes, I love it! This IS my favorite!! Do you ever sell prints?
What do you use for the lettering? Fine tip brush? Or some kind of paint marker? Acrylic?

Katie & the boys said...

I love this painting. I've never seen anything like that done with the commandments. This would sell.
On another musical note...my mom made up a song for the ten commandments that goes to the tune of Jingle Bells
No other gods, No Idols
(Jingle Bells Jingle Bells)
Don't misuse God's name
(Jingle all the way)
Keep the sabbath holy
(oh what fun it is to ride)
That's God's special day, Hey!
(In a one horse opened sleigh, hey!)
Honor your mother and father
Don't murder, lust or steal
No false tales, no envy
this is God's great deal, Hey!
All the kids remember the commandments due to it. Simple but helpful...
She had them memorize John 3:16 to the tune of Row, Row, Row your boat!

Gretchen said...

I REALLY REALLY like this one! AMAZING!

Victorious1 said...

If you ever decide to print and sell this one - I'd be delighted to own one!

Love your work and your blog -- keep it up.

Boo and Hooties Mom said...

I would love to have this print!!! please let me know if you will have one for sale!!!!!!!