Monday, March 17, 2008

Eggs


I am trying to decide if I really want to go through the whole coloring eggs mess. These are from last year- maybe we will just admire the picture.....if we color the eggs, I think we might do the pin prick and blow the egg out of the shell for two reasons; 1) then we could use the same ones next year! and 2)Maybe it would be a little object lesson - the egg is empty, just like Jesus' tomb!!!! He is Alive! Wow, am I ever glad about that!

Here are some eggs from Martha Stewart......




So who's coloring eggs this year? And who will go beyond the pastels and be a Martha with the gold leaf and marbled eggs?!?!?

4 comments:

gailsgarden said...

I like that about the empty egg. I think I will use it in Children's Church on Sunday!

Sue said...

We usually dye eggs but I am the only one in the house who can/will eat them so....this year I am going to try something different. Making the "World's Best Chocolate Easter Eggs." Here's the link: http://mailjust4me.com/play/easterfun.htm. I came across it when I was looking for homemade egg dye. This will do away with the eggs I don't have time to whip up into deviled eggs and give away, it will give the kids an Easter activity we can do together, and we won't have to buy any Easter candy!! I love Cadbury eggs - suppose there much alike? No great truths to link it to but it should give us a while to talk :)

Sarah said...

I think I am with you....I will just stare at pictures of Martha's eggs this year.
I am just a lazy mom, and try to stay away from egg-dying, sugar cookie-cutting, and card-glittering. (Even though I adored doing all 3 as a child!) My poor children--deprived by their mother's laziness. :-)

Morning Rose said...

We've bought the plastic eggs in the past but haven't colored eggs ourselves. On other blogs, I've seen pretty egg wraps that you simply pull over the eggs.