Tuesday, February 5, 2008

More Progress: Painting for Our Bedroom Finished

Here is that big canvas, and my inspiration piece for our room. I have already gotten some green polka-dot curtains (actually they are a sheet set from Target, not yet made into curtains...which for me means NO SEWING, rather, cut the sheet in half and throw over a rod). I also found some Chinese lanterns for a deal at Target, and a throw pillow (for $5!!). The bedroom is coming together- and I cannot wait to do before and after shots because my hope is that it will be the caterpillar turning into the butterfly!


close-ups of the painting


I kept a lot of emails from when Dave and I were dating....also my mom & dad printed out a bunch and kept them. I found this email (that is decoupaged to the painting) written from Dave to my parents from right before we got engaged. It is so cute, he says something like, "Sara and I are going out to look at rings today and we are sooooooooooo excited!"

4 comments:

Morning Rose said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your before and after pictures. That is neat you have emails from your dating days. My hubby and I dated before the age of email. We sent each other letters, though they may have mysteriously disappeared by now. :)

Pam said...

That is a way-cool way to remember and display memorabilia from a special time in your lives. David and I have hundreds of letters to each other (we dated for 5 years!), and the are all tucked away in boxes. Hmm, might be fun to read them when we go on our second honeymoon in a few months! Thanks for the inspiration!

the feathered nest said...

Did you get the Issac Mizrahi plka dot ones from Target? I just bought those for my DD and they are so fun and on clearance. Looking forward to more pictures!

Manuela

Sarah said...

Can't wait to see the completed project.

I love that you have all those emails and letters saved. So special.