Saturday, January 5, 2008

Our Getaway

Here is the little cabin where we stayed. We didn't get any pictures outside at all....probably because it was so cold. Our cabin was cozy and warm, and we had a bathroom with 2 showers and 2 sinks- very nice! This is probably where our kids will go to summer camp when they get older, so it was fun to stay in the same place where they will be, and check everything out. The food was good too (just the fact that I didn't have to cook all week was priceless).

Here I am looking happy about my paints and books that we packed with us.

Here's Dave, happy that we had a Coke machine outside our cabin.

Lunch with the in-laws. We had a good time with Dave's parents...even though they get so rowdy at times :) Actually Dad M. was famous at the end of the week for being volunteered to be on stage for a singing demonstration.

Our new friends! Jeanine Drylie on the right wrote one of my very favorite songs called Walking Through the Flames. She and her daughter, Kristiana were very sweet.

We saw good old friends too, here is a Canadian friend, Jillian who I have known from way back.

A sample of some of the painting I worked on....in light of this piece I have to say that I am thankful that we got to go to the Wilds this past week. We are spoiled. Our kids were well taken care of, thanks Mom & Dad! Dave and I feel so refreshed and ready to start 2008 out on the right foot. Steve Pettit was the speaker for the week. Great messages from Hebrews 12....Endurance!! Don't give up! Press on!

6 comments:

gailsgarden said...

And Dad and Mom enjoyed the kids! You'll have to make sure the little girl isn't packed in their van when they leave!!!

Katie & the boys said...

It looks like you had fun. The cabin looked nice...and REALLY CLEAN! I love the painting you did.

Morning Rose said...

Wow, what a nice cabin! We've heard of the Wilds camp and conference center, though it would be a bit of a drive from here.

I love your new painting. Will you be selling note cards with the new design? I ran out of my other ones. :)

Pam said...

Glad you were able to get away and have such a refreshing time. Been missing you in the blogosphere!

Jana said...

Some friends of ours went to the Conference too. They love it! Glad you had so much fun.
I love your new painting. Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

Sarah: said...

I'm glad you guys had a nice time. How many people go to that conference?
I LOVE your new piece!!!! It's cool how it matched the quilt. :-)