Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Tour of Homes


I love this time of year- first and foremost to celebrate JESUS! But also, a fun time to decorate!!! Two years ago I came across BooMama's blog and saw her tour of homes. There were links to a bunch of blogs where people would post pictures of their homes and Christmas decor. I had so much fun looking into other people's houses, that I decided I had to join the fun! So come on into the Mincy house and look around, have a cookie or two and a sample of our snowman cheese ball. Thanks for dropping by, and don't forget the real reason that we have this big celebration- the birthday of our King!!

Thin Mints
1 sleeve Ritz crackers (35)
1 pkg Bakers semi-sweet chocolate squares (8 squares)
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
crushed candy cane

melt chocolate, dip in crackers, scrape off access- place on wax paper...top with crushed candy. Chill.

Mr. Snowman Cheeseball
2 pkg cream cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar
half packet ranch dressing mix (powder)
bacon bits
mix the softened cream cheese, add the cheddar and ranch powder. Form into desired shape.Press on bacon bits (Hormel real bits are good)

Here it is- our little tree!



kitchen window


Here are the little socks, waiting to be filled each day in December. Some favorite treats and prizes this month have been the bath tub crayons, the tiny containers of play-doh, and the candy.

Yes I am decorating with some of my gift wrap.I just love my black & white paper so much, I cannot simply wrap a gift in it- it must be on display! And there are those button trees again.

another kitchen window

Oh! And here is my newest Christmas decor.....found by my friend and the #1 thrift queen (she knows who she is :) - a little bit retro, and very pom-pomish! The kids love it, my 6 year old said that he wanted to buy it from me :) (how much will you give me, little boy?!?!)

Hope you have a great Christmas season....celebrating and worshiping Our Great Lord & Saviour!

To close out our tour here of the Mincy fam home, Here are some words from one of Dave's songs...

Did You Forget??

Did you forget what Christmas is about?
Have life's hardships filled your heart with doubt?
Are you living with some sad regret?
I've got a story you should not forget.

There was a Baby, born poor and lowly,
His name was Jesus, he came for you and me.
His birth forever changed the course of history
And He can change you, too, and make you free.

Did you forget what Christmas is about?
Have you gone and left the Saviour out?
Did you think that real peace could be bought,
When all along it's Him your heart has sought?

There was a Baby, born poor and lowly,
His name was Jesus, he came for you and me.
His birth forever changed the course of history
And He can change you, too, and make you free
Receive Him as your own and be set free.

46 comments:

Kelly said...

I love you cute and colorful home! I love the sign at the top welcoming us to your house! SO cute! You are obviously very artistic!

kate @ fell in love at 22 said...

Your house looks beautiful! I love the little socks on the mantle. What a fun idea!

Lolly said...

Very cute! I love the snowman cheese ball. How did you make your snow?

Hootin' Anni said...

love the miniature lights in the kitchen window.

Mine's posted. I have two versions.

A thumbnail short version
and
a
slide show long version.

Kelly said...

Love it all! The colors are fantastic, and those little socks on the mantel are too precious- must borrow that idea:-)

What a beautiful and festive home, and most importantly, obviously filled with the love of Jesus!
Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Hello Sara!

I found your blog linked from BooMama's tour. Just wanted to say I love your style (fellow artist here :)...I'm having fun browsing your blog! LOVE all the color and FUN! Thanks for the inspiration!

Blessings,
Kat

Jodi said...

Very festive! Merry Christmas!

Dana D said...

I love, love, love the way you decorate! Your art leaves me happy! The socks and the snowflakes are my favorite!

Now, can you please come paint at my house?!?! I'll give you "carte-blanche"!

ellen b. said...

No regrets just looking forward to feasting with my King! Enjoyed my tour blessings on you and yours...

Becky said...

Beautiful home! I remember those retro trees at the end of your post!

gailsgarden said...

It looks so inviting that I think we will come for a visit! We will see all of you soon! Can't wait!

Sarah said...

I LOVE your little socks on the mantle - what a cute idea! Your style is very fun! Thank you for putting an emphasis on the real reason for this season. It's refreshing to read in this crazy world!

May the Lord richly bless you and your family!

Southern Heart said...

Just lovely! Your tree is beautiful, and those treats look delicious!!

Merry Christmas,

Andrea

Jenni said...

Your home is so colorful and happy! I loved my visit...thank you for sharing!

Nicole (canadacole) said...

What a beautiful, FUN home! Love all the colour, and I think we must "borrow" your sock idea next year. Fabulous!

Merry Christmas!

Jan said...

I'm all over those little mittens. Colorful and fun...I think I'll be collecting mittens this year!!

Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer said...

Your house is always so cozy! You shouldn't give out all the recipies I love (ha ha)

Jessica said...

Great house! I absolutely adore the socks by the fireplace! We'll have to use that one next year!

mammacheryl said...

The socks are fantastic. Thanks for inviting me over. Have a Merry Christmas!

Taya said...

Oh my goodness! Your decorations are so much fun! You may have inspired me for next year! Blessings

Morning Rose said...

Love the snowman cheeseball, and your tree is beautiful! Love the words to Dave's song too!

KC said...

WOW you have alot of goodies for us.. I think i just gained 5 pounds.. Your decorations are beautiful. thank you so much for sharing them with us.
Merry Christmas

Sarah said...

So fun! I love the little socks idea.

It's a Mom Thing said...

Love your sense of style and Christmas decorations. Very fun. I'll have to come back again for a visit.

Amberly said...

I love all the little stockings! Great idea!

Senkyoshi said...

Enjoyed my visit. Merry Christmas!

Antique Mommy said...

I love the snowflakes. Fabulous, all of it. Merry Christmas!

Jenn said...

I absolutely love the little socks on the fireplace!! what an awesome idea and way too cute! love the bright colors!!! that lil tree at the end, is too sweeeet! id buy it from ya too!

Susanne said...

Your home is decorated lovely! I just love all those tiny socks across the mantle!

Julie said...

I love love love your socks!! I'm so inspired by all the color in your home. I love it love it love it!

gail@more than a song said...

Everything is so cute! Oooh I want thin mints now. I LOVE your fireplace area, adorable, and those button trees are great! Doesn't look too hard but they'll have to be for another year. I think my MIL made some of those fabric trees years ago, wonder what I did with mine!
Fun blog you have...thanks for visiting mine.

Lauren said...

so cute!

Elaine A. said...

okay, the socks are just too cute & I love your colorful, eclectic style. Merry Christmas!

Lisa said...

Thanks for visiting me!

I love the "advent stockings!" I'm definitely stealing that! Your entire home is so cheerful - I love it! The black and white wrapping paper is so great! I've been browsing the rest of your blog and love it - I'm bookmarking you!!!

Gretchen said...

Sar -- outstanding job with the post and pointing all your visitors on the blog tour to Christ. What an ambassador! :) I am warmed by the fire in your fire-place and the fire for Christ in your heart. I just LOVE you and your fam!

~Gret

jen said...

so cute!!!

Mercy's Maid said...

I love the socks on the fireplace. Very cute!

Sileena said...

Your presents are wrapped sooo pretty and I love the socks on the fireplace. You're soo artistic and fun to glean from. Thanks for the invite! Merry Christmas

Sileena said...

I was looking around your blog and your kids' room is absolutely adorable! I love all your color. What a talent you have. Your site is so Christ honoring. I'd love to post a link to your blog. Do you mind?

Sara Mincy said...

Hi Sileena- thanks for the comment- you can link to my blog, thank you!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful home! Such great ideas and decorations! I enoyed the words to your husbands song too!

Jesus is the ONLY reason for the
season!

Nicki

Donette said...

Hey, I'm making those thin mints today! I LOVE them (and almost anything mint!) Your home is so beautiful - very merry! Hope your Christmas is great!

Candace said...

Sara your home looks so beautiful!! I love that you joined Boo Mama's Christmas Tour of Homes. I am a Boo Mama fan too - go figure. :)

Your little socks are so darling - love 'em. And love Dave's song!! And you home - love it. Looks so cute!

Yup - that's a whole lotta loves! :)
Love,
Candace

Kelly M. Parkison said...

The socks on the mantle was so cute! I love that idea!

Cherdecor said...

Thank you for inviting us in to view all your Christmas decorations. Everything looks so beautiful, warm and festive. I must try that snowman cheese ball!

MWmuse said...

I love all of your decorations! Your house looks beautiful! Thank you for sharing.