Saturday, December 1, 2007

All About Jesus

Happy December 1st!!! The kids were so excited to find the treats in the number one sock today. We also get to start all of our other little advent activities.

My Mom gave me this Advent devotional book. Each day we get to cut out a figure for our own nativity set. I think we are going to set them up on our kitchen table.


This is a card that I found somewhere....little tiny doors open to reveal a part of a verse from Luke 2.


We got this tract in the mail yesterday from some sweet fiends. What a great idea! Inside is a path from Nazareth to Bethlehem. The kids get to put stickers on every day to lead them closer to the manger. I found the website to buy them here.


Can't wait til the kids open The Nativity Story Movie. We saw this last Christmas and LOVED IT!!! Can't wait to watch it every year.

When we pull out the Christmas decorations I am happy to see that most of our stuff is about Jesus, the manger, and the miracle of His Birth! I pray that each day of this month we will focus on the real reason....

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I just rented that movie for tonight or tomorrow (I have it for 5 days) I can't wait to see it!

Gretchen said...

Sar -- YAY! Good for you and your fam! I hope you all have a blast celebrating JESUS!!!!

P.S. I LOVED the Nativity. I'm jealous!

Morning Rose said...

Great message! Just today I remembered I had bought the boys an Advent Nativity Book with 24 pop-out pieces. As someone who grew up without a Christmas tree, it'll be fun to celebrate Advent with my kids.

Jana said...

I love the socks on your previous post. Each day do you just have a treat in one sock for the kids? Let me know what you do!

Sarah P said...

Hey - I promise I didn't steal the Christmas countdown book idea from you!!!! :)