Thursday, November 29, 2007

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas Around Here


Here they are again...the little advent socks. Poor baby girl, what will she wear on her feet all month?!? The boys are already peeking to see if there are any treats inside........not yet....



The boys made these button trees a few days ago, what fun, and a good project for their little fingers- just stick a pin through a button hole and onto the tree. I saw this on some one's blog and cannot remember who's it was! I would love to give them the credit for it....although I think technically you are supposed to fill the whole tree with buttons- we got tired and left it at that :)

**EDIT- thanks Dana, yes, it was on Ali Edward's blog that I saw the trees...


My poor attempt at the blanket stitch...must find a tutorial for that one! This little "polka-dot" tree is on our kitchen table and has only dots to decorate it- so far. Working on more felt dots.


Get those fingers moving! These will be stuffed ornaments....love those funky little 6 year old stitches!


Christmas Tour of Homes
Can't wait til Dec. 17...Last year BooMama hosted this on her blog and it great fun to click on the many links to hundreds of houses that have been decorated for Christmas. I will wait and post all of our decor at that time.

4 comments:

Dana D said...

I've seen similar button tree ideas on Ali Edward's blog. Maybe you saw the idea there? Just thought I'd share...
http://aliedwards.typepad.com/_a_/2007/11/christmas-pro-2.html

Gretchen said...

Those button trees ROCK! I just love how you are always doing projects with the kids that THEY can actually do! You are awesome.

You inspire me! I'm off to go decorate for Christmas!

Morning Rose said...

I love the felt hearts with buttons. Everyone's decorations are inspiring me to get going!

Seeking Kindness said...

I linked to your art blog from seeking kindness. Hope that's ok! :)
sp